JOB OBJECTIVE: Experienced software engineer responsible for development and support of our analytical instrument control software and customer facing application software.
1. Participate in design and implementation of software frameworks and applications for instrument control and scientific analysis.
2. Support and evolve existing software applications, tools, and scientific algorithms.
3. Guide and mentor software developers and participate in design and code reviews, providing technical feedback and recommendations when needed.
4. Collaborate with product management, R&D scientists, hardware engineers, and customers to generate software requirements and specifications.
5. Document software in accordance with Promega policies. Participate in software verification and validation.
6. Demonstrate fast learning skills, understanding of software patterns and architectures and ability to apply these architectures in new projects.
7. Understand and comply with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Develop production test software and support production with troubleshooting.
2. Assist customers and service with troubleshooting of products in the field.
1. B.S. Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
2. Minimum seven years’ experience in software design and development.
3. Experience with Microsoft component technologies, Microsoft .NET framework and Microsoft C#.
4. Experience in software architecture and high–level design and familiarity with object-oriented methodologies required. Experience using established software engineering methodologies and practices is expected.
5. Experience with software algorithms, analytical and statistical methods.
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and experience applying these skills to resolve potential issues.
7. Able to function effectively in a fast paced environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
8. Ability to work both independently and as a team member under minimal supervision and direction.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
1. M.S. Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
2. Experience with software configuration, familiarity with software continuous integration methodology and documentation tools.
3. Experience with software frameworks such as Microsoft WPF and WCF.
4. Experience with mobile software development such as iOS and/or Android. Experience with cloud computing.
5. Experience with software for life sciences.
6. Experience with real-time control of analytical instruments or similar devices and equipment.
1. Ability to work with office computer equipment.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.