JOB OBJECTIVE: The Client Support Specialist will serve as the liaison to our internal and external customers. Provide technical support and information about Promega products and services, thereby building strong customer relationships that will lead to an increase in information exchange, technology acquisition, and economic interaction. Responsible for coordination of all end user-defined activities in their respective territories, including assisting distributors.
This is a field position covering the San Diego West Territory. Ideal candidates will be located near San Diego.
1. Use Sales Analysis and designated CRM to generate reports, manipulate data and effectively analyze results. Maintain appropriate notes in the designated CRM.
2. Identify and maintain strategic accounts and clients to maximize effectiveness. Consistently request, receive and leverage customer referrals.
3. Develop and maintain an active sales funnel of opportunities across the Promega product portfolio.
4. Provide technical support by thorough knowledge of Promega’s product line and effective communication of applications related to the products.
5. Support and develop strong customer and distributor relationships by acting as a liaison between the customer and various departments at Promega. Bring field issues and complex sales opportunities to the regional manager and provide necessary customer follow up. Identify both new technologies/products and “targeted” technologies/products that will benefit Promega’s business efforts.
6. In cooperation with the Regional Manager, design and implement a coordinated business plan for the territory that reflects Promega’s corporate initiatives while taking into consideration the customer situation (funding, technology needs, etc.)
7. Work with the regional manager to develop opportunity based pricing strategies at accounts (quotes, purchasing contracts with discount schedules, freezer programs and stockroom/consignment). In conjunction with the Promega business units, organize and conduct field-marketing activities such as workshops, focus groups and beta test programs to gain customer feedback.
8. Remain familiar with competitive products for the purpose of educating customers on the benefit of Promega technology. Monitor the competition and report important activities (technical developments, trends within key accounts, seminars, training sessions, etc.) back to Promega.
9. Drive awareness and success of the Helix program through Helix stocking and sample follow up. Host Helix relaunch parties, develop stock customization, and work with the SBU to appropriately market the unit within the account.
10.Work with SBU resource/Inside Sales Team/CAM to provide instrument demonstrations with the goal of moving opportunities forward.
11. Discuss relevant market investment activities and playbook items for strategic territory
development with the regional manager on a regular basis and enact plans to achieve goals as defined in conjunction with the regional manager. Succinctly deliver account and territory plan presentations to the sales team at regional meetings.
12. Flexible in handling change, meeting a standard of excellence, persistent in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Self-awareness of how behaviors can affect our colleagues.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Attend Sales Training sessions for Miller Heiman and Spin Selling. Independently develop SPIN call plans and identify appropriate use. With manager assistance fill out and review Blue/Green sheets and sales call plans.
2. Represent Promega at conferences, shows, workshops and seminars locally, regionally or nationally, as necessary. Organize and plan lectures, vendor shows, workshops and seminars in specific territory.
3. Participate in organization for regional and national sales meetings including logistics, food, etc.
1. BS or BA (MS, or Ph.D. preferred) degree in a life sciences related discipline.
2. Technical competency to understand and to clearly discuss fundamental theory and principles of experimental design, techniques and results; to stay current in technical knowledge; to troubleshoot and to provide information back to the customer in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
3. Minimum of 2 years lab experience with proven knowledge and understanding of molecular biology, cell biology and related fields.
4. Minimum two years previous experience working with customers in sales environment and/or marketing, customer service, technical service or similar position.
5. Must have current and valid U.S. driver’s license.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), e-mail and the use of the Internet.
7. Ability to display excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
8. Strong commitment to customer service.
9. Highly driven, independent worker with a strong motivation to succeed.
10. Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
11. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
1. Previous experience with integrated systems, molecular diagnostics, emerging market segments and/or distributors.
2. Previous experience giving oral presentations, teaching or training other scientists.
3. Well organized, able to devise and manage systems for handling customers/accounts.
4. Ability to be flexible in work schedule and accommodate unexpected work changes.
5. One year outside sales experience.
1. Ability to move up to 60 lbs.
2. Ability to drive a vehicle.
3. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment.
4. Ability to travel up to 50% of time, dependent on territory.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.