We are seeking an Analytical Research Assistant to join our dynamic Analytical Services team. The group is responsible for executing analytical procedures in the testing for structural determination and purity of in-process and finished products in support of manufacturing.
A successful candidate will have:
1. Perform analytical testing of raw materials, in-process and finished goods according to written test methods and procedures.
2. Evaluate and interpret results from analytical instruments, such as NMR, HPLC, Spectrophotometers and Luminometers.
3. Operate all laboratory equipment and investigate equipment, process and product related issues
4. Calibrate analytical instruments and perform routine maintenance
5. Recommend laboratory supplies.
6. Be able to work in a team environment.
7. Understand and comply with all elements of the PBI quality system appropriate for this position.
8. All employees must complete assigned duties in a safe manner, thoroughly familiarizing themselves with safety concerns, such as reading safety data sheets, wearing necessary protective clothing, including safety glasses, chemical resistant gloves, respirators, etc. All employees are required to attend regularly scheduled safety meetings. Responsible for monitoring safety practices of assigned area.
Promega Biosciences, located in San Luis Obispo, blends innovative research in chemistry with excellence in manufacturing to meet the rapidly changing needs of the scientific community. We synthesize and manufacture essential reagents to help Promega succeed as a life science leader.
Our areas of expertise include synthesis, process design and scale-up, and commercial manufacturing (grams to kilograms) of modified luciferins and coelenterazines. These pro-bioluminescent products aid in life science research. We bring pride, passion, and purpose to our work and the products we provide.
Promega Biosciences offers its employees a work environment that encourages creativity, work-life balance, and personal and professional growth. We support community involvement and are committed to being good stewards and reducing our impact on the environment. Promega fosters a positive, fun, and warm family culture. To learn more about our values, please visit our Corporate Responsibility website.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k matching, company-paid life insurance, time-off benefits, and more.
Our San Luis Obispo facility is at the heart of California’s beautiful central coast. San Luis Obispo is a destination for wine aficionados, nature lovers, and pleasure-seekers alike. You might enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean from one of our scenic Nine Sisters, a chain of volcanic peaks that run along the coast. Or, spend a day gallivanting around the many wineries, local boutiques, and renowned restaurants in the area. Proclaimed as the “happiest town in the USA”, our community provides a rich and rewarding place to live and play. To learn more about San Luis Obispo, check out the VisitSLO website.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.