JOB OBJECTIVE: Design web-based customer experiences based on business analysis, user feedback and UX best practices. Conduct business analysis and participate on project teams in a lead or a support role to design compelling experiences supporting Promega customer needs. Establish methods for gathering and incorporating user feedback into design and web development processes. Collaborate with internal stakeholders on development of responsive, personalized experiences at all stages in the customer journey.
1. Collaborate with graphic designers and content developers to craft user-friendly customer experiences in support of the Promega Brand. Provide design and UX recommendations for web-based experiences and for software interface design.
2. Develop a strong understanding of global customer needs related to web and mobile interaction with Promega.
3. Consult with clients (Business Units, Branches and other stakeholders) to understand business requirements for Marketing Services web projects. Assess and recommend information architecture and define solutions based on stakeholder input and design/UX best practices.
4. Lead Marketing Services project teams to understand and map the customer journey for specific markets/customer segments/products. Assist in persona development to help craft personalized user experiences based on user data and in-person research.
5. Create wireframes, sitemaps, story flows and prototypes for website development projects and present to stakeholders.
6. Communicate design and functionality needs to graphic designers, content developers and IT developers. Provide requirements documentation and consult with developers on cross-functional teams to build proposed solutions.
7. Plan and conduct user testing to gather input on proposed designs and functionality. Analyze and report on user feedback and activity, using customer input to iterate designs and enhance the user experience.
8. Work with design and content teams to recommend and implement modern, user-centric designs for web and interactive projects. Help designers and content developers grow in their understanding of user-focused design and content best practices.
9. Assist in design and content development for specific projects. Evaluate designs and content and provide feedback based on web design best practices. Develop content as needed to support specific user experiences.
1. Travel off-site to attend tradeshows or conferences, meet customers, or participate in training as required.
2. Build web pages using Sitecore experience editor.
1. 5-10 years Web design/UX experience, including experience developing information architecture, wireframes, prototypes, and user test plans.
2. Solid understanding of graphic design and web technologies, and of wireframing tools such as Axure RP.
3. Ability to use/learn to use a web content management system to architect and build web content.
4. Ability to use design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
5. Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and a willingness to keep skills and industry knowledge current.
6. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to build effective working relationships within and outside of Marketing Services in a project leadership role. Ability to work efficiently and cooperatively as a team member and meet deadlines for completion of work.
7. Strong presentation and creative problem-solving skills.
8. Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, maintain complete and accurate records, and give regular reports on the status of projects.
1. Ability to read information from a variety of sources, including hand-written notes, pre-printed materials and documents on screen, and communicate with others using Promega's network software.
2. Ability to operate a computer and utilize software to accomplish required tasks as outlined above on a continuous daily basis during a normal workweek of 40–45 hours.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.