This position will be located at Promega Singapore.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Liase with regional branches to understand and champion scientific applications and training needs. Develop and execute applications experiments using the broad scope of Promega's product line with the needs of the end-user/customer in mind. Support regional trainings through technical and organizational activities.
1. Coordinate with Senior Global Scientific Applications and Training Manager on project prioritization and request flow. Collaborate with regional branches and affiliates to vet and scope project requests to meet defined business and scientific objectives.
2. Design and perform application experiments on Promega products based on customer inquiries and concerns. Manage projects to ensure successful completion.
3. Work within global team and provide leadership, as needed, to coordinate laboratories and seminars for in-house and field-based technical trainings and lab activities.
4. Instruct and facilitate classroom courses and lab sessions. Develop content for instructional lessons and lab activities. Perform experiments, including validations, for lab activities.
5. Maintain basic functions and stocking of the laboratories. Ensure instrument maintenance.
6. Actively evaluate and make novel contributions to the scope of project requests to strengthen the impact.
7. Communicate experimental design, results and product technical capabilities to internal and external customers through publications, posters, seminars and trainings.
8. Directly interact with external collaborators to exchange information and materials.
9. Maintain clear and complete records of laboratory procedures.
10. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Use a Learning Management System to manage courses for training programs, manage user accounts, and generate training reports.
2. Perform instrument demonstrations for customers in remote, web-based format.
3. Travel to Promega Headquarters (WI, USA), regional branches and customer sites to champion and support Scientific Applications and Training activities.
4. Assist Field Support, Sales and Technical Services Representatives.
5. Provide operational support to new initiatives where the project scope requires advanced technical understanding and/or experience.
1. MS / PhD in cell biology, molecular biology or closely related discipline with minimum 4 years' hands-on laboratory experience in a research and/or development environment.
2. Strong command of the English Language, fluent in at least one other major Asian language, and able to adapt to cross-cultural environments.
3. excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to assemble and present technical seminars. Ability to develop and write technical articles.
4. Ability to teach and train co-workers and peers on techniques, products and related applications.
5. Experience handling biological samples and understanding of appropriate bio-safety techniques.
6. Ability to maintain a safe and clean laboratory environment.
7. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
1. One-two years of customer service experience working in Technical Services, Sales or other customer/technical oriented area.
2. Experience in adult instruction and use of interactive training methods.
1. Standard office-based activities, including use of office tools and equipment and proficiency in computer use (Microsoft Office Suite).
2. Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with customers via the telephone.
3. Ability to wear safety equipment (lab coat, goggles, gloves, etc.).
4. Ability to work at a lab bench and with a safety hood.
5. Ability to travel domestic and international.