We are seeking an analytical chemist to join our highly functional team working to support chemical discovery and examine product quality.
BS or MS in Chemistry, or related lab science.
4-6 years experience working in an analytical lab using advanced equipment and techniques such as HPLC, Mass Spectrometer, LC-MS, Spectrophotometers, Luminometers, and NMR instruments.
Ability to function independently and provide leadership in the analytical lab environment.
Ability to use instrument softwares, Microsoft Office, and other data processing tools.
Ability to develop professional expertise to resolve a variety of issues.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Experience utilizing and optimizing laboratory instrument software.
- Experience with bioinformatics
- Experience with polymer chemistry
- Development, optimization and qualification of analytical methods
- Evaluate and interpret results from analytical instruments, such as NMR, HPLC, Mass spectrometer, LC-MS, Spectrophotometers and Luminometer
- Maintain and operate all laboratory equipment and investigate and resolve equipment, process and product related issues.
- Provide training and technical support to laboratory staff.
- Participate actively with research scientists and process development chemists to the development of new products.
- Recommend equipment and supply needs, especially as they apply to new techniques.
- Understand and comply with all elements of the PBI quality system appropriate for this position
- All employees must complete assigned duties in a safe manner, thoroughly familiarizing themselves with safety concerns, such as reading safety data sheets, wearing necessary protective clothing, including safety glasses, chemical resistant gloves, respirators, etc. All employees are required to attend regularly scheduled safety meetings. Responsible for monitoring safety practices of assigned area.
May present scientific results and other reports to large and small groups within the company.
- Reading: Must have college level reading and comprehension skill, with the ability to review and understand technical documents.
- Writing: Must have strong writing ability and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Math: Must have college level math skills, including in algebra and in statistics.
- Other: Must possess a very high level of attention to detail and possess problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to move about the building and labs, including climbing stairs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods.
- Good hearing and good sense of smell is required in monitoring reactions
- Must be able to identify and distinguish colors.
- Requires corrected vision for near (within 20 cm) and far (greater than 3m) activities.
- Must be able to use a computer
Promega Biosciences, located in San Luis Obispo, blends innovative research in chemistry with excellence in manufacturing to meet the rapidly changing needs of the scientific community. We synthesize and manufacture essential reagents to help Promega succeed as a life science leader.
Our areas of expertise include synthesis, process design and scale-up, and commercial manufacturing (grams to kilograms) of modified luciferins and coelenterazines. These pro-bioluminescent products aid in life science research. We bring pride, passion, and purpose to our work and the products we provide.
Promega Biosciences offers its employees a work environment that encourages creativity, work-life balance, and personal and professional growth. We support community involvement and are committed to being good stewards and reducing our impact on the environment. Promega fosters a positive, fun, and warm family culture. To learn more about our values, please visit our Corporate Responsibility website.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including comprehensive medical insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k matching, company-paid life insurance, time-off benefits, and more.
Our San Luis Obispo facility is at the heart of California’s beautiful central coast. San Luis Obispo is a destination for wine aficionados, nature lovers, and pleasure-seekers alike. You might enjoy views of the Pacific Ocean from one of our scenic Nine Sisters, a chain of volcanic peaks that run along the coast. Or, spend a day gallivanting around the many wineries, local boutiques, and renowned restaurants in the area. Proclaimed as the “happiest town in the USA”, our community provides a rich and rewarding place to live and play. To learn more about San Luis Obispo, check out the VisitSLO website.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.