JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative, event planning and project support to the Emotional and Social Intelligence (ESI) Team. The mission of the ESI team is to support and expand Promega’s culture of creativity, self-discovery, wholeheartedness, innovation and continued inner and outer growth and exploration.
1. Assist with and/or manage the planning of offsite and onsite events. This planning may include arranging travel, planning healthful meals, researching event locations, organizing schedules, coordinating with employees across the company, paying invoices, printing and ordering materials, preparing technology and preparing professional and well-organized documentation of meeting logistics. Events will range from short meetings on campus to week-long retreats offsite.
2. Track current team efforts and projects. Ensure subsequent meetings are planned and scheduled.
3. Prepare and edit visually appealing and effective PowerPoint presentations.
4. Act as liaison and point of contact with other departments and parties outside of Promega to coordinate meetings, scheduling, and handle other issues or questions. Triage requests and issues to the appropriate member(s) of the ESI team.
5. Get to know key stakeholders so that Outlook calendars can be managed with a balance of efficiency and sensitivity to key attendees’ schedule preferences. Help ensure priority meetings are scheduled and easily attended. Provide the necessary documentation and support materials for meetings.
6. Compose, edit, compile and distribute reports and documents. Attend meetings and take notes as requested. Prioritize and summarize information.
7. Manage ProMindful program schedule and communications, ensuring meditations offerings are scheduled in appropriate meeting spaces, meditation leaders are available, and Promega employees are aware of the program schedule and resources.
8. Create, manage and track internal blog editorial schedules. Ensure writers post blogs on time and seek guest bloggers if necessary.
9. Manage internal SharePoint sites for the ESI team and the ProMindful program. Keep the information up-to-date and suggest improvements.
10. Assist with extending ESI and ProMindful programs to all employees across the globe.
11. Understand and comply with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
12. Model ESI in the organization.
1. Entertain visitors on behalf of the department and company, as requested.
2. Provide backup for staff in routine functions, as needed.
3. Run errands or deliver supplies to Promega buildings off of the main campus as needed.
4. Other duties as assigned.
1. Strong interest in Emotional and Social Intelligence (ESI) and mindfulness and a commitment to continued personal and professional growth.
2. Associate degree in an administrative field or equivalent.
3. Minimum 2-5 years of experience in an office environment.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills to work with employees and managers at all levels and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
5. Excellent organizational skills to effectively prioritize duties and responsibilities. Strong attention to detail.
6. Solid verbal, writing, and grammatical skills.
7. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to work in a network environment.
8. Ability to work independently as well as in group settings. Ability to make decisions, as well as exercise judgment and discretion in daily and administrative tasks. Understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality.
1. Specific working knowledge of Photoshop or Publisher and graphic design skills.
2. Prior experience in event planning.
3. Experience in mindfulness meditation and/or yoga, taichi or qigong and the ability to substitute teach for the ProMindful program.
4. Personal or professional knowledge of well-being (healthful eating choices, how an environment might impact a meeting, etc.).
5. BA or BS degree
6. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
1. Ability to use computer and office equipment for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to occasionally move/lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
3. Ability to walk between buildings on our campus.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.