JOB OBJECTIVE: The Scientific Training team is responsible for the design and development of effective learning interventions for global Sales, Technical Services Scientists, and Distributors. The primary responsibilities of the Scientific eLearning and Multimedia Developer are to create engaging multimedia, eLearning content and courses in our Learning Management System (LMS) to support online and classroom-based training programs, serve as the Instructional Technologist for our webcast and remote demonstration programs, and provide guidance and vision for our LMS.
1. Collaborate with Scientific Instructional Designers to translate training design plans into engaging training content and online courses. Assess and recommend appropriate technology tools and multimedia formats to support the learning strategies.
2. Use creative approaches to develop multimedia content (video, audio, animations, graphics, etc.) to convey scientific concepts and processes.
3. Update existing online content and courses on a regular basis due to changes in product focus and to improve usability, create interactivity and utilize just-in-time learning methodologies.
4. Implement web-conferences technology software and tools to support our global webcast and remote video demonstration programs. Maintain AV equipment and software.
5. Provide training, technical support and troubleshooting on instructional technologies, including the LMS.
6. Lead ongoing efforts to improve and enhance our LMS to meet the expanding needs of our global audience, management and team.
7. Maintain expertise in instructional technology tools, software, equipment and best practices. Evaluate and recommend instructional technologies and tools to support and continually improve our training programs.
8. Track projects in the Scientific Applications and Training project management software.
9. Maintain confidentiality for training records, survey responses and correspondence.
10. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist with the administration of our LMS, including managing user accounts and generating reports.
2. Build and maintain courses in the LMS for training programs, regardless of delivery method (e.g. classroom, remote webcast, and online).
3. Assist with live classroom events, as requested. Support may include room set-up, assisting with technology, room clean-up and moderating sessions.
1. Bachelor's degree in instructional technologies, multimedia, graphic design, communications or related field. Three years relevant professional experience in eLearning and/or multimedia development. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
2. Experience with eLearning authoring tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, and TechSmith Camtasia®).
3. Experience with multimedia development software (e.g. Adobe Creative Cloud), including graphic design, audio and video production, and animation.
4. Proven ability to create innovative and engaging learning content.
5. Experience using an LMS, including creating courses, deploying training content and administration.
6. Experience with AV equipment and web-conferencing software (e.g Skype for Business, GoTo Meeting or Adobe Connect).
7. Strong service orientation with enthusiasm for helping others, aptitude for problem-solving and ability to communicate effectively.
8. Self-directed with strong organizational skills; ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines. Ability to adapt to changing priorities, direction and strategies.
9. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in order to successfully collaborate at all levels of the organization, including global branch offices.
10. Strong desire to continue to learn changing and emerging instructional technologies.
11. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and Skype).
12. Ability to work outside of normal business hours to support training programs.
1. Experience creating learning content or multimedia in a science or biotechnology field. Degree, minor or background in science field.
2. Experience hosting webinar or video broadcasts. Experience moderating in-person training events.
3. Experience in the selection and implementation of an LMS. Experience with Moodle-based LMS.
4. Working knowledge, education or experience in instructional design principles and methodologies.
1. Ability to use computers, tablets, mobile devices, and AV equipment, for extended periods of times.
2. Ability to lift objects, such as scientific instruments, up to approximately 60 lbs. Ability to climb a ladder.
3. Ability to work safely in a laboratory setting following Health & Safety guidelines and procedure.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.