JOB OBJECTIVE: Support the Corporate Affairs team with current and emerging communications projects, including press releases, corporate writing/editing and event support. Demonstrate outstanding writing and editing abilities, the capability to translate complex and technical details to a broad audience, and the capacity to tailor writing styles in a variety of contexts. Shape internal communications to promote culture and awareness. Support internal events and run AV for large internal and external events.
1. Share responsibility for the corporate public relations program.
a. Review press releases
b. Track media coverage
c. Create and maintain reports on media and PR activities
d. Maintain media calendar
e. Use wire service for implementing press releases
2. Support new and existing communications initiatives that would benefit the company internally and externally.
a. Interactive Map
b. Corporate Responsibility program
c. Resource pages
d. Library of materials
e. Corporate presentation
f. Departmental communications
3. Maintain internal communications platforms.
a. Digital signage (BrightSign)
b. Sharepoint intranet (Inside Promega)
c. Internal social media (Yammer)
4. Provide event support
a. Run on-site audio visual equipment, including presentations, presenter microphones, video live feed
b. Set-up and take down of events
c. Maintaining event inventory
d. Developing relationship with event support vendors
5. Organize Corporate Affairs projects with accurate input and management of information.
6. Perform research and reporting on public relations and media trends, industry developments, corporate policies and additional topics as needed.
7. Maintain and update corporate information pages on website.
8. Create inventive and compelling presentations and multimedia in a time-sensitive manner using graphic design, PowerPoint and photography.
9. Foster a supportive and dynamic work environment, Promega embraces the principles of emotional and social intelligence (ESI). All employees are invited to be lifelong learners and remain open and curious about themselves, the people they interact with and their work. We believe embracing a spirit of ESI will support important personal growth and organizational success.
10. Understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
1. Provide back-up for administrative, BTC Events and Customer Experience Program when needed.
2. Prepare information for video scripts and review video drafts for various projects.
3. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (communications, public relations or journalism) and 2-5 years experience.
2. Communications and administrative experience.
3. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
4. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
5. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail.
1. Familiarity with Life Sciences market.
2. Computer background and experience with Windows-based programs and SharePoint. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator a plus.
3. Strong social media usage and knowledge.
1. Ability to work with computer equipment frequently.
2. Ability to travel within Madison area for pick-up of items.
3. Ability to occasionally move boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
4. Ability to move/set up meeting rooms, event areas, audio-visual equipment.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.