JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
1. Manage domestic orders from distributors and customers via phone, fax and mail from inquiry to paid invoice by accepting and entering orders which includes, customer price quotes, promotions, etc. directly into computer system and coordinating with Shipping.
2. Manage international orders from branches, distributors and direct customers from inquiries to paid invoice including preparing paperwork and coordinating with Shipping and freight forwarders.
3. Handle customer service needs after the shipment such as credits, debits, proof of deliveries, replacements, etc.
4. Identify and report any operational complaints per Promega’s Complaint Handling Procedures.
5. Research and issue credits and debits to resolve errors in shipping, pricing, tax and freight.
6. Authorize product returns and any required follow up.
7. Process web orders utilizing ERP order insertion. Identify and troubleshoot any order discrepancies.
8. Process EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) orders received from our eCommerce customers. Identify and troubleshoot any order discrepancies.
9. Assist and advise customers with inquiries relating to orders on promega.com and web based freezer programs which may include:
b. Placing orders
d. Profile maintenance
10. Assist customers with questions regarding pricing, backorders and availability.
11. Provide internal and external customer support for North American Sales team.
12. Maintain files on the orders received.
13. Create, review and update customer account groups.
14. Prepare and send order confirmations to the customer.
15. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Survey customers regarding the Customer Service they received when calling Promega and receipt of their packages.
2. Review and resolve open orders.
3. Archive sales orders that have already shipped.
4. Ability to travel up to 1 time per year.
5. Departmental projects as assigned.
6. Identifies improvements for the department.
1. High School education or GED.
2. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service role.
3. Accurate typing skills.
4. Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated attention to detail.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to communicate correctly and communicate problems and issues in a clear and concise manner.
6. A minimum of 2 years’ experience working on a computer.
7. Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple projects.
8. Ability to work in a structured environment.
1. Demonstrated ability to efficiently use Microsoft Office products.
2. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
1. Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with customers via telephone, fax, web, e-mail, etc.
2. Ability to work with computer equipment frequently and operate office equipment.
3. Ability to work in areas of limited space and to sit for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to move from work station to other areas of the building and between floors.
5. Ability to move boxes weighing 15-20 lbs.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.