JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide instrument service and preventive maintenance support to external and internal customers, requiring domestic and international travel (up to 75% of the time). Make and implement recommendations to improve service processes and provide serviceability feedback to the Regional Service Leader. Manage local stocks of spare parts for use in normal service business activities. Act as customer liaison in complex support scenarios to ensure issue resolution and overall customer satisfaction.
Preferred location for this position is based in Singapore
1. Participate in all operational aspects of the Asia-Pacific regional instrument field support. This will include pre- and post-sales support, installation, customer training, instrument preventive maintenance, repair and service support. Effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them. This position will be focused on the launch and support of the Spectrum and Spectrum Compact Capillary Electrophoresis platforms, with additional activities in support of the balance of Promega’s instrumentation solutions.
2. Develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships by acting as a liaison between the customer and various departments at Promega bringing field issues in-house and providing necessary follow up.
3. Communicate with the customer to ensure satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions.
4. Deploy and recommend improvements to equipment installation and operational qualification test plans and protocols in accordance with design requirements, operational needs, and applicable standards.
5. Manage information on specific technical hardware / software / system performance related issues to determine root cause, identify alternatives, and implement a solution with Technical Service, Quality Assurance, Engineering and Software Development.
6. Forecast and maintain instrument spare parts inventory with Regional Service Manager/Global Service Leader and Materials Management.
7. Manage parts stocking and availability at the point of service to ensure availability of parts required to minimize customer downtime.
8. Mentor and/or supervise Service Engineers and Service Technicians, as assigned.
9. Attend meetings, seminars and customer site visits, requiring domestic and international travel (up to 75% of the time).
10. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Other tasks as assigned.
1. Associate’s degree or equivalent (plus 4 years of relevant training and/or experience) or Bachelor’s degree in scientific or engineering discipline.
2. Three (3) or more years of experience supporting capillary electrophoresis technology.
3. Five (5) or more years of hands-on laboratory or instrumentation support experience.
4. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in remote and team environments with other Promega staff and external customers throughout the duration of assigned projects.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must speak conversational English. Ability to communicate with global customers and staff via telephone, email and in person. Ability to write instructions and reports.
6. Computer experience using programs including, but not limited to, Windows, Word, Excel, as well as Customer Relationship Management and Enterprise Resource Planning systems. In addition, ability to learn and use new programs as needed. Experience with Internet technology also desirable.
7. Strong experience with handling biological samples, some of which may be potentially infectious samples. Understanding of appropriate biosafety techniques.
8. Ability to work independently with limited/no supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
9. Knowledge of instrument safety and regulatory compliance
10. Prior experience working in a field instrument service organization.
11. Experience and knowledge of doing business with international colleagues and customers.
12. Experience working in a cGMP, ISO 9000, and/or ISO 13485 environment.
1. Ability to speak at least one additional language at a conversational level.
1. Ability to use standard laboratory equipment.
2. Ability to wear safety equipment and follow safety guidelines while in the laboratory.
3. Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 30 kg as required.
4. Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.