JOB OBJECTIVE: Deliver accelerated revenue growth by targeting the PIs, Post-Docs, and Lab Managers in large senior academic research labs and developing strategic collaborations utilizing the technologies and resources in Promega. Working together with the Client Reps, Corporate Sales, R&D and ATG, the objective is to raise awareness of Promega’s technologies, capabilities and research that will enable the lab to better address their scientific challenges, and to build relationships with the scientists in the lab to have Promega technologies and products become an integral part of their research career. Coordinate the process of targeting key academic accounts, mapping strategic needs/technology opportunities, developing business models and proposal frameworks, and leading the resolution of problems. Report critical field based intelligence back to the business team, including changes in market dynamics, customer organization and behavior, consumption dynamics and biology/technology trends.
1. Develop and implement, with the Academic Research Strategic Business Unit, Branches and the Global Sales organization, deep relationships and collaborations with a select number of strategic accounts globally. The collaborations will be managed at high-levels in key academic research labs, and will apply a mix of catalog and research solutions.
2. Develop and maintain centralized account tracking templates and provide monthly updates to the Academic Research Market Segment SBU on key initiatives, revenue commitments, revenue phasing, progress to plan, resource requirements (field based deployment, Madison site visits and project execution) and voice of customer.
3. Lead feasibility assessments, define pricing objectives in line with business segment revenue and profitability goals, guide the development of collaboration plans and agreements, and coordinate review meetings with clients for collaborations-in-process.
4. Develop a field-based plan for building relationships with three key labs in each of three academic research centers per year.
5. Maintain being familiar with the published scientific work of the academic research labs you are working with.
6. Effectively interface with multiple internal functions including Strategic Business Units, Branches, Global Sales, Business Management, R&D, ATG, Operations, Finance and the Services Management team.
7. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Cell Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline, or equivalent education and experience.
2. Minimum 10 years experience in executive selling, business development, market development, product development or field technical support, with 3 years in a leadership position.
3. Strong scientific and technical knowledge of target class biology (Kinases, GPCR’s, Nuclear Receptors, Ion Channels, etc.) and assay technologies and platforms.
4. Strong scientific and technical knowledge of Genomics and Molecular Biology.
5. Advanced, in-depth knowledge of Academic Research Centers, competitors, industry practices and functional knowledge of strategic business planning.
6. Proven ability to respond to new business opportunities, often lacking shape, respond with systematic, analytically derived solutions, and effectively lead teams in the setting and achieving of project plans that result in high levels of customer satisfaction.
7. Solid relationships with decision makers in senior positions across the Academic Research market segment.
8. Excellent communication and cross-cultural skills. Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills. Relentless prioritization and ‘can do’ attitude.
1. MBA preferred.
1. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
2. Ability to travel domestically and internationally minimum of 60%.
3. Ability to use telephone equipment.
4. Ability to use computer equipment.
5. Ability to drive.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.