JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating and/or final approval of assigned products through the distribution channels. Coordinates or initiates distribution plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules to maintain distribution channels and provide input to management. As requested, interfaces with Production Planners, Distribution Channel Logistics, Customer Service, Marketing, Production, Quality Assurance, Sales, Purchasing, shipping, Receiving, Finance and Accounting, and Vendors to review order status, prioritize orders and other planning issues. Works on problems of a diverse scope where analysis of situation or data is required. Exercises judgment within generally defined policies and methods in obtaining a solution. Normally receives no instruction on routine work and only general instructions on new assignments.
1. Responsible for determining the quantity and due date of material requirements for assigned distribution channels.
2. Responsible for Forecasting distribution channel demand with input from Channel Logistic personnel and Marketing personnel.
3. Coordinate or Initiates the release of distribution orders, production orders, or purchase requisitions as appropriate for assigned items and assigned distribution channels.
4. Evaluate and monitor storage capacity, inventory levels and inventory turns in assigned distribution channels to insure distribution goals can be met.
5. Evaluate distribution planning parameters with channel logistic personnel to ensure accuracy and that they provide the optimal balance of inventory value, customer service and inventory turns.
6. Interface with Production Planners, Channel Logistics, Production, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Receiving, Shipping, Purchasing, Finance and Accounting, Sales, and Vendors to communicate or coordinate order status and other materials issues.
7. Create, record or maintain Production Planning, Distribution and Inventory Control records as required or requested.
8. Prepare and/or distribute Production Planning, Distribution Planning, and Inventory Control reports/queries as requested.
9. Understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
10. Represent Materials Management in meetings as required or assigned.
1. Write and maintain SOP's for job duties.
2. Provide back up for department coworkers.
3. Provide training to coworkers and Distribution Channel logistics personnel
4. Perform and/or coordinate the physical counting of items.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Production and Operations Management or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years related experience.
2. A minimum of 2 year of planning experience working with an ERP or MRPII system.
3. Strong communication and customer service skills.
1. Production Planning and inventory Control experience working with a BPCS ERP System.
2. APICS certified.
1. Manual dexterity and sensory faculties to read and key handwritten and printed data for 4+ hours per day.
2. Ability to travel.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.