JOB OBJECTIVE: Work in a team environment to finish products to quality standards in order to meet production goals and productivity guidelines set by Promega. Fulfill customer requirements, meet and exceed customer expectations, to produce high quality, safe and effective products. Use technical concepts and depth of knowledge to resolve issues effectively. This position will have a basic understanding of product finishing including process order execution, labeling, dispensing, and kitting.
1. Provide a high level of both intradepartmental and interdepartmental (Production, Quality Assurance, Shipping, Materials Management, etc.) customer service and communication.
2. Manage and prioritize work to meet internal customer requirements or process order demand.
3. Setup, operate, and maintain manual and automated labeling, dispensing, and kitting equipment.
4. Print and verify product labels. Label components and kits.
5. Dispense and assemble components into kits and kit sub-assemblies using approved work instructions.
6. Maintain inventory of products, materials, and manufacturing supplies. Locate and move materials and products to inventory and staging locations.
7. Accurately complete all required written and electronic documentation (e.g. batch records and ERP transactions).
8. Maintain and close process orders in the Promega’s ERP System.
9. Monitor products and materials for defects that may arise during daily work.
10. Alert group leader or supervisor of nonconformances.
11. Train and mentor new employees.
12. Follow contamination control procedures.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Coordinate process order flow and fulfillment.
2. Identify and recommend process improvement opportunities and lead/assist these initiatives.
3. Create, modify, and edit label templates using label software. Assist with requests to change existing label content.
4. Clean and maintain production areas and equipment.
5. Assist other groups with product finishing tasks.
1. High school education or equivalent with three years of product finishing or related experience or Associates Degree with one year of related work experience or a Bachelor’s degree.
2. Excellent level of attention to detail.
3. Ability to work accurately.
4. Adaptability and flexibility to changing production demands.
5. Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
6. Competency in general math.
7. Ability to proficiently use computers and electronic interfaces. Preferably ERP systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, HMI’s, and Outlook.
1. Demonstrated competency may be substituted for years of experience.
2. At least one year of science or laboratory background in a production environment with exposure to various production and packaging equipment.
3. Experience in a cGMP production environment.
1. Ability to work in a clean room environment.
2. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment.
3. Manual dexterity to dispense product and assemble kits.
4. Ability to stand for several hours at a time.
5. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50-70 lbs.
6. Ability to occasionally move up to 300 lbs. on a dolly and 500 lbs. on a pallet jack.
7. Ability to stand and/or sit for several hours at a time.
8. Ability to bend multiple times per day.
9. Ability to use hands for repetitive motions throughout shift.
10. Visual acuity for quality inspections.
11. Ability to perform occasional work in -20 degrees C temperature environments
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.