JOB OBJECTIVE: The Sales Intern will assist the Client Rep or Corporate Sales Rep with day to day tasks including customer interactions, promotional activities, vendor show set up, and lab and institute mapping for the St. Louis Missouri territory. It will provide the intern with exposure to the business of biotechnology and enable the intern to learn about account management, the Promega product portfolio, navigating large academic and/or commercial accounts, and learn the basics of selling principles from the Client Rep or Corporate Sales Rep.
The ideal candidate will be located in St. Louis, Missouri
1. Assist Client Rep or Corporate Sales Rep in day to day activities such as sample follow-up, cross selling, new product discussions and direct channel awareness.
2. Capture basic information from various labs such as product focus to expand the CRM database.
3. At the completion of the internship the intern should be familiar with account management, understand basic Promega products (genomics, proteomics & cellular analysis) and understand the fundamentals of CRM to obtain customer information.
4. Data analysis using Excel and other resources.
5. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in science or business.
2. Interest in the business of biotech.
3. Interest in the basics of selling.
4. Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
5. Outstanding organizational skills.
1. Prior exposure to a laboratory environment.
2. Prior exposure to sales situations.
3. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
1. Ability to lift 25 pounds.
2. Ability to walk 2 miles during the course of an 8 hour work day.
3. Located in the city of the primary account(s) or in Madison.
4. Travel to Madison at least once for training.
5. Must be available for a 12 week period during the summer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.