JOB OBJECTIVE: This position is meant as a learning opportunity for an individual who is in the process of obtaining a degree in the field of Mechanical Engineering. This person will be able to obtain hands on work experience by providing technical support to engineering as well as by assisting in the building and testing of prototype products.
1. Conduct test and document results.
2. Create and fabricate test fixtures.
3. Create engineering drawings under the supervision of hardware engineer.
4. Build prototypes, create bills of materials work with production on assembly instructions.
5. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Packing instrument for shipment.
2. Supporting internal testing of instruments.
1. Must be at least 1 year into the process of obtaining a degree in the field of engineering.
2. Must be able to read, understand and create mechanical drawings.
3. Experienced with standard office-computer software: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
4. Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to work well as part of a multidiscipline group.
5. Ability to use hand tools.
6. Ability to work unsupervised.
1. Basic understanding of CAD software (SolidWorks Preferred
1. Ability to lift 100lb.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.