JOB OBJECTIVE: The Sales Intern will assist the Massachusetts Territory Client Rep with day to day tasks including customer interactions, promotional activities, vendor show set up, and lab and institute mapping. The Sales Intern will work closely with the Client Rep to establish local campaigns to increase awareness and visibility of Promega in the Boston/Cambridge area. They will manage an onsite freezer stocking program at a local Pharmaceutical Company (1-4 hours a week). This position will provide the intern with exposure to the business of biotechnology and enable the intern to learn about account management, the Promega product portfolio, navigating large academic and/or commercial accounts, and learn the basics of selling principles from the Client Rep or Corporate Sales Rep.
1. Assist Client Rep or Corporate Sales Rep in day to day activities such as sample follow-up, cross selling, new product discussions and direct channel awareness.
2. Capture basic information from various labs such as product focus to expand the CRM database.
3. At the completion of the internship the intern should be familiar with account management, understand basic Promega products (genomics, proteomics & cellular analysis) and understand the fundamentals of CRM to obtain customer information.
4. Data analysis using Excel and other resources.
5. Assist with seminars and shows within the Massachusetts territory
-Assist with planning, including marketing material compilation and ordering, catering, on-site set-up, logistics
-Assist with show follow up, including emails internally to Technical Services, Strategic Business Units and R&D scientists and the subsequent responses to customer questions and requests, entering of leads into database, following up on any promotional activities, ordering and distribution of prizes
6. Manage the on-site stocking of a Promega Freezer consignment program at a large Cambridge Pharmaceutical site (1-4 hours per week).
-Once a week on-site receipt and delivery of Promega packages to multiple on-site freezers
-Coordination of freezer related promotions and events
7. Assist Massachusetts rep in development of a local campaign in the Boston/Cambridge area to enhance the visibility/awareness of Promega
- Assist in identification of venue, speakers, catering, logistics for attendees, schedule of event, marketing resources, Promega attendees, SBU contribution and attendance, marketing of event, promotional items for event, establishment of lead generation protocol
- Assist with on-site logistics day of the event
- Assist with coordination of follow up and dissemination of relevant info to appropriate local representatives
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Undergraduate or graduate student majoring in science or business.
2. Interest in the business of biotech.
3. Interest in the basics of selling.
4. Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
5. Outstanding organizational skills.
6. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
1. Prior exposure to a laboratory environment.
2. Prior exposure to sales situations.
3. Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.