Promega Corporation is seeking a summer intern with expertise in proteomics to join our Research and Development team. This internship is designed to support products as well as generate proof-of-concept data for new potential products related to analysis and identification of proteins. Candidates should be currently enrolled in a graduate program (MS or PhD) and have extensive experience with common protein biochemistry methods including proteomics, protein expression and purification, SDS-PAGE, development of enzyme assays and ELISAs. Knowledge of bioinformatics and mass spectrometry is a plus but not required.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Assist in developing new reagents for protein analysis and generating experimental data to support existing products.
1. Plan and independently execute experiments focused on protein and enzyme characterization.
2. Ability to accurately record experimental protocols and data and to formulate clear conclusions based on scientific evidence.
3. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assisting senior lab members with experiments and data analysis.
1. BS with a major in biochemistry or closely related field.
2. Extensive experience with common protein biochemistry methods.
1. Practical, hands-on expertise with a variety of biochemical methods including protein expression and purification, SDS-PAGE, development of enzyme assays and ELISAs, working with plate readers and sample analysis with HPLC.
2. Prior experience of working in industrial settings (desirable but not critical qualification).
3. Knowledge of bioinformatics and LC-MS/MS analysis is a plus but not required.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft office and other common computer programs.
1. Ability to work at lab bench for extended period of time.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.