JOB OBJECTIVE: Support Global Logistics in identifying and implementing opportunities for improving efficiencies and effectiveness of Promega’s global logistics operations. Lead cross functional teams in developing processes for new product logistics and changes to existing products for optimizing cost, quality, and accuracy.
1. Analyze global logistics operations to assess and implement opportunities for process improvement and standardizing best practices. Areas include but are not exclusive to customer service, receiving, material handling, inventory, shipping and compliance.
2. Lead new product logistics projects focusing on building logistic solutions for handling and communication of new products or changes to existing products. This incorporates new product types and markets globally.
3. Discover, create, and support the management and implementation of departmental continuous improvement lean tools, methodologies and training. Act as a coach and mentor, where applicable.
4. Assist in the management and implementation of process improvement initiatives and multi-departmental projects.
5. Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for ERP and IT systems for logistics process and support. This will include assistance in developing best practices and training.
6. Perform departmental reporting and act as the information lead in the identification and development of metric measurement systems for global and local applications.
7. Support the Global Logistics communication channels for internal and external customers.
8. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist in the management of physical inventory and cycle count programs.
2. Attend offsite trainings, expos, conferences, seminars, tradeshows and visit other operations to gain knowledge and ideas for departmental improvements.
3. Travel domestic and internationally in support of Promega locations.
4. Point of contact and SME (subject matter expert) for internal and external audits.
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
2. Minimum 5 years of related professional experience in Operations, preferably in Logistics.
3. Excellent organizational, project management and problem solving skills.
4. Proficient with the Microsoft software packages and ERP systems.
5. Excellent analytical skills with utilization of IT programs and systems.
6. Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers as well as multiple sites and locations globally.
7. Ability to create and generate reports for decision making.
1. Demonstrated proficiency with SAP.
2. Experience in working with teams in a multicultural environment.
1. Ability to work effectively with computer equipment, and hardware and software design tools.
2. Ability to travel globally as needed.
3. Ability to work around automated equipment.
4. Ability to move objects averaging 10 pounds, but up to 40 pounds daily.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.