JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative and project support to ensure the smooth day to day operation of the instrumentation business unit. Support managers and department functionality. Overall point-of-contact for department-related operations and ad-hoc projects.
1. Provide administrative support to Instrumentation General Manager and the management team which includes timely, courteous response to all requests and inquiries; including phone call and email management, maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality, processing items requiring approval, routing documents for distribution, composing correspondence, filing and mail.
2. Hospitality Coordinator - Provide assistance in organization with guest visits. Schedule meeting space, schedule on site food delivers, and handle reservations for lunch/dinner. Coordinate meetings, facilitate tours and any needs during guest(s) visit.
3. Assist department events planning committee with event planning, catering and transportation needs. Maintain corporate Birthday/Anniversary database. Coordinates recognition / celebratory events as appropriate.
4. Provide general administrative support to departmental staff as necessary, which includes but would not be limited to: overnight mailings, photocopying, ordering office supplies, word processing requests, scheduling meetings, meeting set up, meeting tear down, etc.
5. Organizes and manages meeting logistics at multiple Promega Madison campus buildings, which may include internal and external communications (written and verbal), ordering and/or insuring room, equipment and catering set-up and removal; welcoming and directing guests; providing additional assistance as may be needed during meetings.
6. Compose, edit, compile and distribute reports and documents as requested.
7. Assist with special projects as requested by individual team members as priorities allow.
8. Manage office consumables including office supplies, kitchen supplies, printer and copier supplies, stationary, etc.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist with room preparations and clean up as needed.
1. High school education or equivalency plus a minimum of two years clerical and telephone work experience.
2. Courteous, pleasant and professional manner and appearance.
3. Superior customer service skills, experience, or training. Willingness and commitment to providing a high level of customer service.
4. Ability to maintain and protect privacy and confidentiality.
5. Strong computer skills which include but are not limited to Microsoft Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint and Word and Microsoft SharePoint.
6. Ability to multitask by handling a busy, fast-paced environment and accommodate incoming visitors simultaneously.
7. Communicate effectively and professionally in a clear and tactful manner with employees and outside vendors or practitioners.
8. Proven organizational and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail.
9. Demonstrated ability and willingness to be a team player in a team-oriented environment.
1. Associate degree in an administrative field or equivalent.
2. Previous experience working in a corporate setting.
3. Specific working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and web editor tools.
1. Ability to use computer equipment.
2. Ability to occasionally move boxes or items weighing up to 30 lbs.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.