**This is a 3 month project position
JOB OBJECTIVE: Maintain grounds around various buildings and surrounding areas on the Promega Madison campus.
1. Routine landscape maintenance including mowing, trimming, weeding, garden bed rejuvenation, brush clearing and pruning in designated areas.
2. Trail maintenance including spreading woodchips, cutting excess brush, and applying specialty herbicides in areas as directed.
3. Landscape vehicle and equipment maintenance, including cleaning and preventative maintenance service and checks.
4. Detailed cleaning of exterior common areas. Power washing of patio areas, walkways and windows.
5. Routine grounds inspection for trash; removal, including dumping exterior waste containers around buildings.
6. Repair or restoration of disturbed areas (areas with erosion, minor pavement repair, etc).
7. Other duties as assigned.
8. Will understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
1. Detail cleaning of interior area including stair wells, air diffusers/vents, interior windows, cafeteria chairs.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid driver’s license.
1. Previous experience with building maintenance, grounds keeping, landscaping maintenance or other related area.
2. Previous experience working with power tools and lawn care equipment including string trimmers, lawn mowers, ATV and tractors.
1. Ability to work for prolonged periods standing, walking or sitting.
2. Ability to work in different weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
3. Ability to move up to 50 lbs.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.