JOB OBJECTIVE: Ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor invoice information from all departments within Promega to ultimately provide prompt vendor payments.
1. Process all vendor invoices and payment requests for entry into accounts payable system which includes entry of vendor numbers, account numbers, amounts and due dates.
a. Electronically match purchase order and receiving reports to vendor invoices and cash payment requests.
b. Obtain and verify that appropriate approvals and account classifications have been given.
2. Establish and maintain files for vendor invoices and related documents.
3. Handle vendor requests for payment and account inquiries for assigned vendors. Assist with vendor requests for payment and account inquires for other vendors as needed.
4. Process payment runs including checks, ACH and wire payments.
5. Review employee expense reimbursement requests and perform expense audits.
6. Responsible for administering company purchasing programs.
7. Record month-end expense accruals for invoices not received
8. Assist with other accounts payable related tasks and projects as needed.
9. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform other duties as assigned or as needed, including backing up other accounting staff.
2. Participate in Finance & Accounting Department projects as needed.
1. Two years of accounts payable and/or other general accounting experience.
2. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
3. Excellent communication skills, which are specifically needed to maintain effective relationships with vendors and internal customers.
4. Experience in computerized accounts payable and general ledger environment.
5. Strong ability to analyze and resolve problems, research various solutions, and recommend necessary changes.
6. Strong organizational skills.
7. Ability to use 10-key calculator.
1. Knowledge of the following software solutions:
a. SAP ERP
b. Concur Travel & Expense
2. Knowledge of automated accounts payable processing systems.
1. Ability to use computer, telephone and other office equipment.
2. Ability to move boxes weighing up to 25 lbs.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.