JOB OBJECTIVE: Working with the Global Service Leader, the Regional Manager is responsible for optimizing and leading the implementation of a focused, service and support strategy and developing a business roadmap to drive growth, profitability and sustainable competitive advantage across identified regional customer segments. Oversees regional instrument service operations to ensure consistent delivery of service and support to internal and external customers.
1. Optimize and implement a value-based regional service roadmap for instrument service, across identified segments (research, clinical and forensic markets).
2. Champion & execute service and support product delivery to drive annual revenue increases.
3. Provide key input and expertise to commercial team in service value proposition refinement and go-to-market strategies to ensure product adoption by regional customers.
4. Provide key leadership in identifying and evaluating regional service portfolio expansion opportunities including key service program development.
5. Drive service revenue and manage cost of goods as related to service delivery in region through guidance of regional service operations.
6. Manage regional service personnel (if assigned). Collaborate with Promega Corporate, Branch and affiliates to develop and maintain a program of instrument service support within the region.
7. Coordinate with Materials Management to forecast and maintain instrument spare parts inventory in service locations. Refurbish and dispose of returned defective parts.
8. Act as key contact for all instrument service situations within the region. Collect details of situations, interact with corporate, branch and distributor personnel as required to develop and implement support plans for customers.
9. Monitor regional performance metrics to measure service quality. Analyze metrics to identify areas for process improvement.
10. Manage, track and report costs as related to service, spare parts, labor, warranty expenses, demo maintenance and overhead. Responsible for preparing and managing the regional P&L statements.
11. Service Vendor Contract Administration: Together with Channel Management and the Global Service Leader, help manage distributors that offer instrument service support (Authorized Service Providers). Act as the Promega point person for management of service center providers according to the terms of the service contract. Review Service Order Summaries, authorize payment for service, monitor service costs, manage service documentation, resolve disputes, and communicate changes/updates as needed. Gather end-user contact information on instrument placements and service contracts into a central service support customer database.
12. Provide guidance, strategies and product support to ensure sales objectives are met; and support sales in development of appropriate sales channels.
13. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Engineering.
2. Minimum of 3 years of instrument service or customer service management experience within a scientific, medical, or technology-based organization.
3. Successful experience working in entrepreneurial environment with demonstrated business performance.
4. Imaginative, inclusive leader that inspires and challenges teams to exceed performance goals.
5. Effective communication, project management and decision-making skills.
6. International experience, especially working with overseas development teams.
1. MBA or Master’s/PhD degree in life sciences, business or engineering.
2. Clinical or life science laboratory or research background.
3. Knowledgeable in Windows operating systems and designing system architecture.
1. Ability to use computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite), office tools, equipment.
2. Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.