JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide reagents, services and support to scientific staff.
1. Manufacture materials according to approved protocols and standard operating procedures. This includes materials such as buffers, reagents, solutions, dialysis tubing and buffered phenol. The scale of manufacturing can range from 10ml to 2000 liters.
2. Manufacture bulk products for inventory according to approved protocols.
3. Operate pH meters, conductivity meters, balances, autoclaves, peristaltic pumps, vacuum pumps, filtering apparatus and laboratory mixing equipment.
4. Perform in-process and final quality control tests to monitor process control and product quality for in-house materials, bulk products for inventory and finished inventory products. Analyze the results of testing to determine if the product passes or fails QC specifications.
5. Perform aseptic technique and use biological and fume hoods.
6. Perform scientific calculations involving solution concentrations, dilutions and pH.
7. Plan daily schedule according to incoming requests. Deliver products to customers on or before due date. Monitor and maintain inventory of stockroom materials.
8. Keep work areas clean and free of clutter. Identify unsafe situations, processes or procedures and report them if appropriate.
9. Use in-house software to perform general duties.
10. Provide professional customer service to scientific staff. Effectively communicate with scientific staff about technical issues.
11. Follow departmental training and documentation procedures. Update procedures and protocols as needed.
12. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist in compiling information and data for special reports. Assist in specific projects as required and assigned.
2. Prepare new formulations, determine specifications for new formulations, and write protocols for new formulations as required.
3. Participate in new product development teams as required.
4. Identify purchasing and supply needs for own area of responsibility.
5. May provide support to Labware preparation staff as required.
6. Provide written summary and metrics of monthly activities.
1. Associate degree in biological sciences or chemistry with a minimum of 1 year of college chemistry.
2. Listens and understands routine written and oral communication.
1. Bachelor’s degree in biological science or chemistry.
2. One to two years experience in laboratory preparation of buffer solutions, reagents, and culture media.
3. Good computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and email.
4. Good documentation, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
1. Ability to safely lift and transport glassware and laboratory items up to 20 liters and/or 50 pounds.
2. Ability to move or assist in moving vessels containing 400 liters or 1000 pounds.
3. Ability to satisfy physical requirements to using a respirator and other safety equipment (lab coats, safety goggles, etc.).
4. Ability to work with computer and laboratory equipment.
5. Ability to work with hazardous material.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.