JOB OBJECTIVE: Enable and facilitate the production of high quality, Promega custom products.
1. Managing custom product timelines throughout multiple Production groups to ensure on-time delivery to customer.
2. Data mining internal software to develop COGS or other information necessary for custom business procurement or custom product manufacture.
3. Using internal software programs to set-up new part numbers/sku’s for new custom products.
4. Identify potential obstacles/resource bottlenecks and work with Manager to develop possible solutions. In some cases, develop and implement solutions with minimal supervision.
5. Interact as needed with Marketing, QA, R&D and Sales personnel to identify customer requirements and evaluate viable technical solutions. Execute novel solutions to meet customer needs.
6. Utilize project management skills to champion and manage the execution of activities in order to deliver products that meet customer requirements. Ability to be the main point of contact with customers. Ability to set expectations for internal and external stakeholders.
7. Managing and correcting issues that arise related to Custom products across multiple departments.
8. Manage internal and external interactions and work directly with the Custom Order department to ensure custom/co-development projects finish on-time.
9. Build relationships with internal and external customers, either in person or via conference call, to ensure customer’s expectations are met or exceeded. Must have proven communication skills.
10. Write, review and revise, as necessary, documentation to support the creation and maintenance of custom products as prescribed by the Promega Corporation Quality System.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Attend relevant scientific meetings, manufacturing technology meetings and technical seminars.
2. Participate in group meetings and projects.
3. Assist in the execution of specific projects as required and assigned.
1. B.S. degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Genetics, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology). Degree and 5+ years of experience as reflected in a proven record of accomplishment in the Essential Duties of this position are used to determine qualification for Associate Program Manager, Custom Products.
2. Experience with molecular biology, general microbiology or cell biology techniques.
3. Proven record of experimental design and problem solving in area of responsibility.
4. Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to effectively work on several projects and/or products.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team.
6. Experience with computers or a willingness to learn so as to track inventory and to use programs applicable to this work.
7. Proven written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate scientific results and interact productively with scientists and customers.
1. Formal Project Management training.
2. Experience in Manufacturing, R&D or QA.
3. Experience with ERP systems such as SAP.
4. Experience or familiarity with ISO 9000 or cGMPs.
1. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
3. Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.