JOB OBJECTIVE: Lead development of innovative tools and reagents for Mass Spec protein sample preparation and assist in the collection and analysis of LC-MS/MS data. Must demonstrate broad protein analytical and characterization expertise including expression, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins, working with complex protein mixtures and knowledge of common protein analytical techniques. Work within cross-functional teams to foster innovation, quality and productivity, uphold high standards of scientific performance, and advance corporate objectives and strategies. Manage and align external collaborations with internal strategy and commercial opportunity.
1. Design and lead development of enzyme-based and other reagents for protein mass spec sample preparation and analysis.
2. Operate LC-MS/MS equipment and analyze data using multiple software packages.
3. Translating innovative ideas into significant commercial opportunities.
4. Understand critical success factors and incorporate them into project plan to achieve objective of the project.
5. Manage external collaborations and professional relationships.
6. Understand intellectual property, market trends, and competitive technologies.
7. Contribute to preparation of patents.
8. Contribute to internally and externally published literature.
9. Conduct experiments at the laboratory bench.
10. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. A PhD, preferably in biochemistry or a related scientific discipline. Ideally will have post graduate experience in an industrial research and/or development environment. Prior work in pharma analytical lab is a plus.
1. Professional experience in protein characterization and analytical tools.
2. Understanding of current trends in protein analysis using mass spectrometry and other analytical methods.
3. Leadership experience, ability to work well in a cross functional team environment.
1. Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time.
2. Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.).
3. Ability to operate a computer.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.