JOB OBJECTIVE: Lead development of innovative products for Mass Spec sample preparation and analysis. Assist in the collection and analysis of LC-MS/MS data. Act as a technical expert in areas of biological mass spectrometry and have the ability to execute and champion innovative research. Work within cross-functional teams to foster innovation, quality and productivity, uphold high standards of scientific performance, and advance corporate objectives and strategies. Manage and align external collaborations with internal strategy and commercial opportunity.
- Design strategy and lead development of innovative proteomics technologies
- Translating innovative ideas into significant commercial opportunities.
- Understand critical success factors and incorporate them into project plan to achieve objective of the project.
- Manage external collaborations and professional relationships.
- Understand intellectual property, market trends, and competitive technologies.
- Contribute to preparation of patents.
- Contribute to internally and externally published literature.
- Conduct experiments at the laboratory bench.
- Operate LC-MS/MS equipment and analyse data using multiple software packages.
- Understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
- A PhD, preferably in cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline. Ideally will have post graduate experience in an industrial research and/or development environment.
- Professional experience in an industrial research and/or development environment.
- Understanding of current trends in cancer or cell biology using proteomics and mass spectrometry.
- Leadership experience, ability to work well in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to work at lab bench or fume hood for extended period of time
- Ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc.)
- Ability to operate a computer
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.