**Candidates must work out of Promega's office located in Charbonnières-les-Bains, France
JOB OBJECTIVE: Manage Promega’s European Training & Applications Laboratory, associated staff and processes. Liase with regional branches to understand and champion applications and training needs. Work with global management team to manage project request flow and define request scope from customers, distributors and internal staff. Coordinate project prioritization ensuring corporate needs alignment. Direct applications staff on global projects to successful completion, ensuring the project outputs are properly communicated to internal and external customers and to stake holding SBUs. Monitor and improve workflow, staff and worldwide processes to ensure Promega’s training and applications support is a strategic advantage.
1. Coordinate with Senior Global Scientific Applications and Training Manager on project prioritization and request flow. Collaborate with Promega Corporate, Branch and affiliates to assess and scope project requests to meet defined business and scientific objectives.
2. Promote activities within regional branches to maximize awareness and impact. Engage senior branch management to align activities with priority Sales and Marketing initiatives.
3. Oversee operational needs of PETAL facility, manage budget, and ensure compliance within appropriate regulatory requirements.
4. Direct application and training projects to successful completion. Monitor project progress. Manage assigned resources. Effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders. Ensure project outputs are properly communicated to internal teams and external customers.
5. Present seminars and workshops to internal staff and external customers and assist with the development of laboratory sessions in support of the Scientific Training Unit.
6. Supervise project execution to ensure proper scientific standards are employed; that technical data, information, and interpretations are credible; and that project objectives are efficiently achieved.
7. Develop and coach applications scientists and staff in Europe.
8. Utilize tools and metrics to measure project impact on Promega business.
9. Present and summarize technical, business, or project data to Branches, Business Units and teams within Promega or with external collaborators.
10. Maintain clear and complete records.
11. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Travel to Promega Headquarters (WI, USA), regional branches, conferences, and customer sites to champion and support Scientific Applications and Training activities.
2. Independently perform traditional scientific applications functions, including benchwork and instrument demonstrations.
3. Assist Field Support, Sales and Technical Services Representatives.
4. Use a Learning Management System to manage courses for training programs, manage user accounts, and generate training reports.
5. Develop new capabilities with associated staff and processes to meet emerging business needs.
1. MS / PhD in cell biology, molecular biology or closely related discipline with greater than 5+ years' post graduate experience preferably in an industrial research and/or development environment.
2. Experience in a supervisory role with demonstrated leadership and managerial skills.
3. Strong command of the English Language, fluent in at least one other major European language, and able to adapt to cross-cultural environments.
4. Ability to teach and train co-workers and peers on techniques, products and related applications.
5. Experience in project management. Ability to manage multiple projects.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate across departments to achieve collective goals.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to assemble and present technical seminars. Ability to develop and write technical articles.
1. Fluent in French.
2. Advanced certification or degree in leadership/management.
3. Greater than five years of customer service experience working in Scientific Applications, Technical Services, Sales or other customer/technical oriented area.
4. Experience in adult instruction and use of interactive training methods.
5. Experience with handling biological samples and understanding of appropriate biosafety techniques.
6. Ability to maintain a safe and clean laboratory environment.
1. Standard office-based activities, including use of office tools and equipment and proficiency in computer use (Microsoft Office Suite).
2. Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with customers via the telephone.
3. Ability to wear safety equipment (lab coat, goggles, gloves, etc.).
4. Ability to work at a lab bench and with a safety hood.
5. Ability to travel domestic and international.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.