JOB OBJECTIVE: Supervise Receiving and Mail personnel while overseeing general operations of the areas, ensuring high performance to include productivity, quality, reliability/dependability of employees, continuous improvement and housekeeping. Responsibility of Global Process Owner for receiving processes and systems.
1. Staff Supervision - Responsible for the development and performance of employees. Develop and maintain job descriptions and manage responsibilities and assignments of staff, conduct interviews and make hiring decisions, manage employee performance including performance reviews, promotions, compensation adjustments, recognition and disciplinary action as needed. Review and approve timesheets for staff. Approve employee vacation leave time and related issues. Evaluate staffing of the Receiving and Mail areas, recommending and initiating changes as needed.
2. Quality - Manage the development and implementation of necessary materials, processes, procedures, and training to ensure the quality of the products and services provided. Develop and monitor applicable quality metrics and take the lead in the continuous improvement of products, services and processes. Investigate customer complaints and implement corrective actions to prevent future occurrence of chronic or severe quality problems. Assure compliance to ISO standards and other applicable quality system requirements. Write and modify SOP’s as needed. Represent department in meetings as required or assigned.
3. Global process owner (GPO) – Responsibility to own end-to-end process across functional areas, geographic and business units. Support of identifying and implementing best practices. Establishing knowledge base of process for all Promega locations that utilize the functional area.
4. SAP subject matter expert (SME) for project related work, system enhancements and testing.
5. Training - Oversee and monitor the training of all employees in the Receiving and Mail areas.
6. Strategic Planning – Assist management with the departmental goals that support the strategic goals of Promega overall. Educate staff on their relation to the corporate strategic goals and objectives. Identify and implement cost improvements in conjunction with strategic plan.
7. Productivity - Assist with the development, monitoring, management and productivity of departmental operations and their metrics. Identify, analyze, justify and implement opportunities for automation and process improvements.
8. Communication - Maintain effective communication within the department as well other cross departmental functional areas. Monitor and update department informational content sites.
9. Safety and Housekeeping - Monitor and manage compliance to safety and housekeeping guidelines and regulations. Resolve unsafe acts and conditions. Support ergonomic improvements. Assure neat and orderly areas.
10. Inventory Control - Assure and promote good record keeping for the inventory handled by the department. Correctly handle receipts, returns, deliveries, etc. Administer CP (Change Packages), NCR’s (Non Conformance Reports), QRDRs (Quarantine Review & Disposition Reports), EDCs (Engineering Design Change for SAP) and Deviations as necessary.
11. Logistics - Assure the prompt and accurate movement of receipts and mail. Assure timely and accurate delivery to Madison campus.
12. Conflict Resolution - Proactively promote and support departmental and company teamwork. Provide guidance to staff in conflict resolution.
13. Project Management - Initiate and coordinate intradepartmental and cross-departmental projects as needs are recognized. Provide support to management for special projects or duties.
14. Space management - Promote more efficient and effective use of the space available to Promega for department. Suggest alternative areas, space utilization, and equipment for the department personnel. Coordinate the plans of all affected parties to assure the best overall use of space.
15. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Oversee the year-end physical inventory.
2. Attend offsite trainings, expos, conferences, seminars, and tradeshows and visit other operations to gain knowledge and ideas for departmental improvements.
3. Travel domestic and internationally in support of Promega locations.
4. Point of contact and SME (subject matter expert) for internal and external audits.
1. Minimum of 3 years supervisory or team leading experience.
2. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
3. Proficient working with the Microsoft software packages and ERP systems.
4. Excellent organizational, project management and problem solving skills.
5. Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers as well as multiple sites and locations globally.
6. Ability to create and generate reports for decision making.
1. Experienced in inventory and warehouse control systems integrated with an ERP system.
2. Experience working in logistics and material handling.
3. Knowledge of ISO standards and regulations.
4. Experience in implementation of Lean Manufacturing tools
1. Ability to move objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
2. Ability to move easily and constantly throughout the day.
3. Ability to frequently reach and bend.
4. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment for extended periods of time.
5. Ability to stand for several hours at a time.
6. Manual dexterity and sensory faculties to read and key handwritten and printed data for 6+ hours per day.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.