This is a 6 month temp-to-hire position.
JOB OBJECTIVE: This position has the responsibility of supporting the mission of Promega’s culinary operations, which is to provide patrons with the highest quality food and experience. In addition, the Dishwasher/Porter, under the direction of the Manager, Culinary Experience is responsible for general cleaning of equipment and kitchenware washing and sanitation of eating production and service utensils. He/she is also responsible for the intake and storage of daily orders consisting of food, beverage and supplies.
1. Dishwashing for all events that take place at Promega. Duties include:
• scrape, rinse and load soiled dishes, flatware, pots and pans
• unload clean dishes, flatware, pots and pans and store in appropriate storage areas
• empty residue from trash compartment of dishwasher
• frequently wash food preparation countertops to sanitize
2. Waste removal as needed.
3. Strictly adhere to production and sanitation standards as per Promega Corporation and health department direction (through SOE compliance).
4. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Work evenings and weekends to cover corporate events as needed.
2. Provide coverage and work all positions within the cafeteria as needed.
1. Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
2. Good reading and comprehension skills.
3. Good hand dexterity to operation restaurant equipment.
4. Strong positive interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members effectively.
5. Maintains appearance according to Promega and professional standards.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent education with culinary training.
2. General dishwashing and porter experience.
3. Experience working with automated dishwashing equipment.
4. Ability to work flexible schedule beyond the standard shift of approximately 6 hours per day, including some evenings and weekends based on need.
1. Ability to spend extended periods of time standing, lifting, and maneuvering heavy weights (up to 50 lbs.).
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.