JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the repair and maintenance of production equipment and systems. Responsible for responding to, repairing, and determining root cause of failure on production equipment. Responsible for value added improvements on production equipment to improve efficiency and up time.
1. Execute preventative maintenance on all Operation equipment per approved preventative maintenance plans on time. Account for any materials used during preventative maintenance. Create work orders for an tasks necessary for proper machine operation outside of preventative maintenance plan. Provide feedback to supervisor on improvement of preventative maintenance plan tasks.
2. Maintain up to date bill of materials, manuals, and drawings to support up time and proper machine operation of all Operations equipment.
3. Respond to demand (unplanned) maintenance activities in a timely and efficient manner to reduce unplanned downtime. Communicate root cause of failure. Solve problems right the first time.
4. Provide technical support and expertise as the technical point person for all Operation equipment and systems. Manage and review all critical systems and equipment to maintain their efficient and reliable operation, including accurate and up-to-date documentation and monitoring of work done to them for thoroughness and quality.
5. Performs routine fabrication, assembly, installation, operation, maintenance, modification, and testing of electrical and mechanical components, apparatus and equipment.
6. Assist in reducing manufacturing costs by identifying changes to components and processes to reduce raw material costs and/or process time. Implement changes with proper timing, documentation, planning, and communication with in Promega’s equipment change policies.
7. Provide assistance and participation on projects that involve new equipment introduction. Assist engineers, architects, and project/process owners to develop specifications, install, and test equipment.
8. Work closely with Facilities maintenance, Operations Engineering, Quality, and Operations to ensure open communication, prioritization, and coordination of repair and maintenance work. Act as a liaison to meet their needs and provide superior customer service when addressing needs, situations and requests.
9. Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and means to solve problems.
10. Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes, electronic voltmeters, and bridges.
11. Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
12. Operate, test, maintain, repair, and/or troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), robotics, vision systems, sensors, and servo controllers.
13. Perform work in accordance with practices, priorities and assignments as requested by management.
14. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
15. Additional duties as assigned.
1. Education Equivalency:
a. A.S. in Industrial Maintenance, Robotics & Controls, Engineering Technology, or similar technical discipline, plus 3 years’ experience in equipment maintenance, or
b. equivalent experience with a minimum 5 years’ experience in equipment maintenance or related field.
2. Must be flexible to changing production needs and must be willing to adjust work schedule as required to meet departmental and company production objectives. Must be able to be on-call once a month.
3. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical theory and mechanics of materials. Solid knowledge of equipment, systems and techniques appropriate to debugging mechanical and electrical systems. Experience in repair and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, and automated equipment.
4. Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated attention to detail. Problem solver and solution oriented.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to communicate correctly and communicate problems and issues in a clear and concise manner.
6. Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple projects. Experience managing mid-sized projects.
7. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
8. Demonstrated skills in analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing complex electronic, mechanical, robotic, and electro-mechanical systems.
9. Knowledge, skill, and ability to use a computer to work with Windows-based operating systems, spreadsheets, word processing and SAP.
1. Experience with automated packaging and process systems and components, including PLC programming (Allen-Bradley).
2. Experience in an ISO 9000, FDA GMP, or USDA regulated environment where growning is required.
3. Associates degree in Mechanical Maintenance or similar program.
4. AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks experience.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day.
2. Ability to work in areas of limited space and varying environmental temperatures.
3. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards.
4. Ability to work in a production environment around automated equipment.
5. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
6. Ability to work in a lab environment with chemical and biological materials.
7. Ability to travel by car or airplane, for one or several days, to suppliers, equipment vendors, etc.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.