JOB OBJECTIVE: Acts as HR resource for client groups to “get things done” and be primary contact for managers and employees. The HRG is a hands-on role that works collaboratively with HR Operations and fellow HR Team Members to contribute to the formulation of corporate-wide employee policies, procedures, and initiatives. Maintains knowledge of legal and regulatory trends to effectively work with area managers and reduce potential business liabilities.
1. Employee Relations
• Influencing a diverse client base by providing sound advice and counsel on HR issues.
• Providing guidance to client groups with respect to employee relations issues and interpretation of policy.
• In collaboration with a senior HR team member, conducting investigations of employee concerns or complaints.
• Supporting managers to counsel/coach employees on performance issues.
• Providing managers with feedback and advice on best course of action to address problems and issues.
• Serving as mediator with manager/employee problems, maintaining balance of employee/employer advocacy.
• Assisting managers with matters related to benefits, compensation, and recruiting in partnership with other areas of Human Resources.
2. Talent Acquisition
• Influencing recruitment and selection decisions to best meet organizational needs.
3. Program Support
• Assisting in the facilitation of the Manager Roundtable program including leading the discussion, reviewing feedback, selecting topics and keeping the format fresh and meeting the needs of leaders.
• Assisting in the rollout of Human Resources programs with client organizations (i.e. salary planning, bonus objectives, talent review, etc.)
• Providing HR perspective for managers in bringing HR programs into their units.
4. Other Support
• Participating and assisting with HR and business unit projects
• Providing employment practices legal support in conjunction with legal counsel. Ensure all new legislation is informed to relevant personnel.
• Advising and reviewing compensation recommendations during annual merit process and salary analysis for new hires, promotions, and adjustments.
• Facilitating and monitoring performance management, compensation, and employee development.
• Participating and assisting in providing HR perspective on client area projects.
5. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Conducting salary analyses and compensation studies.
2. Measuring the results of Human Resource programs and efforts.
1. BA in Human Resources or equivalent experience (4+ years in Human Resources).
2. Minimum of 3-5 years Human Resources experience.
3. Good interpersonal skills to work with employees and managers at all levels and to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
4. Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
5. Comfortable working through ambiguous situations and advising management on appropriate course of action.
6. Must be seen as a person of integrity and trust who can present the unvarnished truth in a direct and constructive manner.
7. Adept with MS Office Programs.
8. Initiative to investigate and proceed with new ideas, projects, or process improvements.
9. Ability to work in a non-structured, non-hierarchical, continuously changing environment.
10. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
1. PHR Certification.
2. 2-3 of Generalist experience.
1. Ability to occasionally move/lift boxes weighing up to 30 lbs.
2. Ability to use computer and office equipment for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to travel as required with the potential to travel internationally
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.