JOB OBJECTIVE: The scientist will support Applications lab activities and execute applications experiments using Promega's product line with the needs of the end-user/customer in mind. Applications experiments will focus on product protocol enhancement, development and protocol usage in specialized customer experiments. The candidate will also benchmark Promega products against those of competitors.
1. Design, perform and analyze data from application experiments on Promega products with oversight. Communicate results to appropriate staff.
2. Apply knowledge of scientific techniques and Promega's product line to assist in the development of new applications for existing products.
3. Perform routine procedures including nucleic acid analyses (e.g. qPCR, gel electrophoresis) and maintenance of mammalian cell cultures as needed to support Applications Lab activities.
4. Communicate experimental goals, methods, results and conclusions through written reports and oral presentations.
5. Enhance current technical support literature with new, current data based on application experiments. This may include Technical Bulletins/Manuals, Promega Notes, external peer-reviewed literature and other information provided to Promega Customers.
6. Maintain clear and complete records of laboratory procedures.
7. Assist Technical Services and Technical Training staff with coordinating lab resources for in-house technical training and lab activities.
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Travel to conferences and/or customer sites.
1. B.S./M.S. degree in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or closely related area.
2. Minimum one year hands-on laboratory experience in molecular biology, cell biology and/or protein biochemistry.
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to maintain a safe and clean laboratory environment.
5. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
1. Computer background and experience with Windows based programs.
2. Experience with handling biological samples, some of which may be potentially infectious samples. Understanding of appropriate bio-safety techniques.
3. Experience critically evaluating and/or optimizing scientific techniques.
4. Customer service or teaching experience working in a technical oriented area.
1. Ability to work with computer equipment frequently.
2. Ability to wear safety equipment (lab coat, goggles, gloves, etc.).
3. Ability to work at a lab bench and with a fume hood frequently.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.