JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the coordination, governance, and maintenance of master data practices, procedures, reporting, analysis, and execution. Configures material in SAP as per the architecture selection and the approved design specifications using Promega’s NICE (New Item Configuration Engine) software. Assists with coordination and collaboration with global functional areas regarding all areas of product life cycle data management to ensure compliance and effective processing of master data. Works on problems where analysis of situation or data is required. Exercises judgment within generally defined policies and methods in obtaining a solution. Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
1. Coordinate and maintain SAP global master data in the areas of Material Master, BOMs, Recipe, Routings, PIR, Forecasts, Warehouse Management, Control Cycles, Source Lists, Bins, Resources, Serialization, Tariffs, Configurable Material, Batch Master, and other related areas in SAP.
2. Assist with coordinating master data requirements to ensure data consistency, integrity, efficiency, and control within SAP for NPR teams, Logistics, Supply Chain, Customer Service, FICO, Mfg., R&D, Sales, QA, RA, and EH&S.
3. Audit master data records, identify deficiencies and initiate corrective action
4. Assist in the support the communication and education of functional master data standards, definitions, processes, policies, and tools to functional data owners.
5. Assist with business support for continuous improvement projects.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Write and maintain SOP's for job duties.
2. Provide back up for departmental co-workers.
3. Represent MDM in meetings as required or assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management or related filed and/or equivalent experience in lieu of education.
2. Strong ability to manage multiple time sensitive activities simultaneously
3. Meet the expectations of customers (internal and external) while balancing the needs of the Company
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
1. Functional and technical knowledge of data in Logistics, Supply Chain, Customer Service, FICO, Mfg., R&D, Sales, QA, RA, EH&S.
2. Previous MDM experiences, SAP ECC super user, go-live experience.
3. Possess excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills
4. Ability to collaborate, apply experience and knowledge to provide creative solutions to problems.
5. APICS certified.
1. Manual dexterity and sensory faculties to read and key handwritten and printed data for 4+ hours per day.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.