This is a 6 month temp-to-hire position.
JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide administrative and project support to VP, Manufacturing Operations and other senior Operations Directors.
1. Provide administrative support to VP, Manufacturing Operations and other senior Operations Directors which includes timely, courteous response to all requests and inquiries; including phone call management, maintaining appropriate levels of confidentiality, assist with personnel/salary issues as requested, processing items requiring approval, routing documents for distribution, composing correspondence, filing, faxing, mail.
2. Facilitate direct contact between senior managers and other individuals. Act as liaison with other departments and parties outside of Promega to coordinate meetings, scheduling, and other issues.
3. Manage or senior managers’ Outlook calendars by ensuring priority meetings are scheduled and attended; looking for opportunities to make the most efficient use of time. Provide the necessary documentation and support materials for meetings.
4. Compose, edit, compile and distribute reports and documents. Attend meetings and take notes as requested. Prioritize and summarize information. Provide input, as requested.
5. Prepare and edit presentations as needed.
6. Coordinate travel/training arrangements for designated staff and appropriate visitors.
7. Coordinate and arrange large-scale meetings and events within Operations.
8. Understand and comply with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Approve expense reports, as requested.
2. Entertain visitors on behalf of the department and company, as requested.
3. Provide backup for staff for routine functions, as needed.
1. Associate degree in an administrative field or equivalent.
2. Minimum 7-10 years' experience in an office environment, with at least 2 years working for senior management level staff.
3. Excellent organizational skills to effectively prioritize duties and responsibilities.
4. Solid verbal, writing, and grammatical skills including telephone etiquette. Strong attention to detail.
5. Demonstrated tact and independence in handling internal and external contacts.
6. Excellent computer skills including electronic mail, calendar word processing, spreadsheet, databases and network environment.
7. Ability to work independently as well as in group settings. Ability to make decisions, as well as exercise judgment and discretion in daily and administrative tasks. Understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality.
1. Previous experience working in a corporate finance, accounting and/or business development setting.
2. Specific working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and web editor tools.
3. Knowledge of scientific and business terminology.
4. BA or BS degree in a related business or scientific major.
1. Ability to work with computer equipment and telephone.
2. Ability to occasionally move/lift boxes weighing up to 30 pounds.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.