JOB OBJECTIVE: Improve all aspects of company material hazard assessments; customer MSDS documentation, internal distribution, and product hazard labeling. Ensure Promega meets all product safety and transportation requirements to meet global business objectives. Maintain and improve internal safety processes including hazard communications and safety training.
1. Support timely and accurate hazard assessments for new and modified products to assure compliance with domestic and international safety regulations. Maintain product safety information in appropriate databases to meet routine and growing business needs.
2. Support the review and approval process for new and modified product labels for product safety content and compliance to international labeling standards to meet production and regulatory needs. Implement methods to assure that product safety data is accurate and up to date, and processes for product safety information management are effective and efficient.
3. Support global product safety compliance activities required in the development of new products. Serve as corporate liaison for regulatory agencies and corporate partners related to product safety. Proactively seek information on global regulatory trends or changes in product safety and hazard communications that might affect Promega’s business operations.
4. Maintain and utilize methods for creating and deploying product safety information and documentation (MSDS’s, labels, shipping information, scrap instructions) and maintenance. Maintain records as necessary to comply with business and regulatory requirements.
5. Assist in the global MSDS distribution and posting methods to ensure that accurate and compliant information is sent to branches, distributors and end users.
6. Assist in the planning and execution of internal audits as directed to assess the effectiveness and efficiencies of compliance practices and their support processes.
7. Assist in the development of safety programs. Train Promega employees in these programs; hazard communication, personal protective equipment and chemical hygiene, for example.
8. Contribute to the proactive design, implementation, and improvement of all compliance processes supported by the department.
9. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Collaborate with others at Promega and its associated subsidiaries on product safety or general safety projects.
2. Execute tasks/projects or special assignments as required.
3. Lead or contribute to product safety software improvement, upgrades or installation projects.
1. Requires an High School diploma that includes at least 1 semester of chemistry.
2. Demonstrated work experience (3-5 years) in a customer service environment.
3. Must be able to work with minimal direction. Strong attention to detail.
4. Knowledge of various software and database applications to enhance individual productivity.
7. Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to read, understand and assist others in developing means to comply with regulations while meeting business needs.
1. Associate degree and/or BA/BS degree in Occupational Safety/Industrial Hygiene or Chemistry. Candidates with chemistry background and experience are preferred.
2. Greater than 5 years’ experience product safety programs, or product safety management.
3. Must be highly self-motivated, organized, and an individual requiring limited supervision/guidance. Successful candidate will be able to facilitate employee- and customer-friendly business solutions involving product safety issues.
4. Experience in selecting, implementing, maintaining and improving product safety software would be helpful.
1. Ability to work with computer equipment.
2. Ability to move boxes weighing up to 30 lbs.
3. Ability to use PPE as necessary to perform assigned tasks.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.