JOB OBJECTIVE: Provide routine instrument service and preventive maintenance support for internal and external customers. This position will be based in our Madison headquarters.
1. Participate in all operational aspects of the instrument service center and instrument field support. This will include pre- and post-sales support, installation, customer training, instrument preventive maintenance, repair and service support. Effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them.
2. Develop and support strong internal and external customer relationships by acting as a liaison between the customer and various departments at Promega bringing field issues in house and providing necessary follow up.
3. Communicate with the customer to ensure satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions.
4. Coordinate with Technical Service, Quality Assurance, Engineering and Software Development to collect information on specific technical hardware / software / system performance related issues to help determine root cause, identify alternatives, and assist in implementing a solution.
5. Proactively update service documentation and SOP’s to drive process improvement resulting in improved customer experience.
6. Manage parts stocking and availability at the point of service to ensure availability of parts required to minimize customer downtime.
7. Provide feedback regarding changes, improvement and updates to service documentation.
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Attend meetings, seminars and customer site visits, requiring domestic and international travel (up to 40%).
2. Other tasks as assigned.
1. Associates degree (plus 2 years of relevant training and/or experience) or Bachelor’s degree in scientific or engineering discipline.
2. Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a team environment with other Promega staff and external customers throughout the duration of assigned projects.
3. Three to five years hands-on laboratory or instrumentation support experience.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must speak conversational English. Communicate with global customers and staff via telephone, email and in person. Can write instructions and reports.
5. Computer experience using programs including, but not limited to, Windows, Word, Excel and others. In addition, ability to learn and use new programs as needed. Experience with Internet technology also desirable.
6. Experience with handling biological samples, some of which may be potentially infectious samples. Understanding of appropriate biosafety techniques.
7. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
8. Knowledge of instrument safety and regulatory compliance.
9. Prior experience working in a field instrument service organization.
1. Ability to speak multiple languages at a conversational level.
2. Experience and knowledge of doing business with international colleagues and customers.
3. Experience working in a GMP or ISO 9000 and/or ISO 13485 environment.
4. Experience or education with repairing and maintaining instrumentation in the life science field.
1. Ability to use standard laboratory equipment.
2. Ability to wear safety equipment and follow safety guidelines while in the laboratory.
3. Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 30 kg as required.
4. Ability to travel up to 40%-80% of the time, depending on specific role.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.