JOB OBJECTIVE: The Sr. Electronics Engineer will support the development of electro-mechanical Instrumentation to be used in life science and research applications. Responsibilities include new product design and development, deviation/failure investigation, root cause failure analysis and implementation of the corrective actions utilizing the PBS change management system. Additional key responsibilities include leading the PBS engineering life cycle management process.
1. Active involvement in all engineering research and development supporting work, including but not limited to:
-Optical systems design packaging
-Mechanical subassembly design
-Detail drawings, assembly drawings
-Electrical design, component selection, schematic capture and PCB layout
-Prototype development, testing and troubleshooting
-Designs and implementation of engineering production testes, and result analysis
-Coordinating work with other engineers
2. Execute analytical and troubleshooting skills to address instrumentation systems issues. Conduct root cause failure analysis to improve instrument performance and reliability.
3. Perform detailed technical analyses and create test and analysis reports as required.
4. Develop and drive implementation of corporate product life cycle management process.
5. Provide material selection leadership and expertise in electronic design supporting product development initiatives.
6. Electrical Engineer will work with project teams across engineering and manufacturing to apply design for reliability and other DFx concepts.
7. Responsible for all electrical aspects of engineering to ensure all project objectives including safety, technical correctness, budget, constructability, schedule, maintainability and operability are met.
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Support EMI / EMC and Safety test efforts for all instrumentation development initiatives.
2. Participate in Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT) test efforts for all instrumentation development initiatives.
3. Willingness and ability to travel 20-40% of time when job assignment dictates.
1. BS in Electronics Engineering Technology or a BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of related hands on circuitry, experiment design and problem solving and product reliability experience in instrumentation hardware in a manufacturing environment.
2. Proficient with schematic entry and board layout tools (e.g., Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and Mentor Graphics PADS).
3. Analog circuit design experience including sensitive measurement circuitry, I-V conversion, analog signal conditioning, analog to digital conversion.
4. Ability to work in a diverse team environment with excellent interpersonal, communication and team-based management skills.
5. Ability to facilitate and implement improvements with a disciplined approach to standards and procedures.
6. Experience in the development of new and unique electronic instrumentation for scientific applications or other complex electronic systems.
7. Experience with micro-processor and/or FPGA applications.
8. Electronics manufacturing process knowledge (surface mount, thru-hole, testing, etc.).
9. Demonstrated ability in engineering analysis, component selection, problem solving, and design execution success with specific.
10. Understanding of product standards and regulatory agency requirements.
11. Solid understanding of signal integrity principals, EMI and EMC control.
12. Solid understanding of DFM principals both ME and EE fields.
13. Competent in the use of document control process.
14. Self-starter providing high quality and efficient work product.
15. Ability to meet set deadlines and assigned goals.
1. Optical systems background (nice to have): Light sensing circuitry, sensor selection, signal amplification.
2. Familiarity with SAP system.
3. Familiarity with OrCAD capture and OrCad PCB layout.
1. Ability to occasionally move objects up to 100 pounds up to one hour per day.
2. Ability to work in areas of limited space and varying environmental temperatures.
3. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards.
4. Ability to work in a production environment around automated equipment.
5. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
6. Ability to work in a lab environment with chemical and biological materials.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.