JOB OBJECTIVE: Learn and provide technical support (verbal and written) to customers (both internal and external) on Promega's products, related applications and document information into database.
1. Learn and provide technical support on Promega products and related applications associated with this group via telephone, computer (e-mail and Internet) to domestic, international and internal customers (6 hours/day).
2. Learn to track, record and document relevant information from technical inquiries on Promega's contact management systems as defined by corporate and department guidelines.
3. Learn to and perform follow-up on customer calls as required.
4. Learn to act as a liaison with Promega's international distributors and branch offices via telephone, electronic mail and Internet.
5. Learn to act as a liaison between the customer and various departments at Promega including other Technical Support Services departments, Marketing, Production, R&D and Quality Assurance to refine existing products and pursue suggestions for new products and procedures.
6. Receive training and provide technical support on new products and related applications as new products are launched.
7. Learn to interview potential job candidates for Technical Service and related positions.
8. Learn to manage time to accomplish assigned project work not completed during phone time (project work includes essential duties #2-#7 above as well as items under occasional duties including, but not limited to customer follow-up calls, editing/proofing technical literature, develop understanding of Promega products, resources and processes, etc.) (2 hours/day).
9. Develop customer service and information management skills.
10. Will understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
1. Learn to proof and edit technical and marketing support literature including, but not limited to, Promega Notes articles, Technical Bulletins/Manuals, Certificates of Analysis, Ad Slicks, Data Sheets, Catalog and Applications Guide.
2. Learn to assist with the development and presentation of and observe technical training, lectures and seminar programs to Promega staff, Distributors, International Branch staff, customers and other Technical Service Scientists.
3. Attend and participate in courses appropriate for increasing job and career related skills (i.e., customer service, presentation skills, training, project management, product/applications related, etc.).
1. B.S./M.S./PhD degree in molecular biology, cell biology, protein biochemistry or related area.
2. Minimum 3 years lab experience and proven knowledge and understanding of core applications of molecular biology, cell biology and/or protein biochemistry.
3. Ability to discuss fundamentals, principles and technical theory of experimental design, techniques and results in a clear and concise manner.
4. Excellent communication and listening skills, both verbal and written.
5. Customer service skills with a dedication to customer support.
6. Technical competency with the ability to stay current in technical knowledge to troubleshoot technical questions from customers and provide information back to the customer in a helpful, courteous, positive and professional manner.
7. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision as well as proven team participation skills.
1. Oral and written fluency in more than one language.
2. Computer experience desirable, including PC network, Windows, Word, Excel, Internet and others.
3. Ability to learn to discuss and troubleshoot all applications related to Promega’s product line.
4. Previous skills in oral presentations, teaching, training and technical writing/editing.
5. Resource awareness -know where to go to find answers.
1. Continuous use of the computer, using the keyboard and mouse, as well as the ability to use the computer simultaneously while on the telephone.
2. Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with customers via the telephone.
3. Ability to wear safety equipment and follow safety guidelines while in the lab.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.