JOB OBJECTIVE: Project Manager - Serve as a project leader, responsible for guiding projects of moderate complexity through New Product Development Process.
1. Lead multidisciplinary project teams consisting of engineering, marketing, manufacturing, quality assurance, and legal, to develop instrumentation products through the documented design control process for the development of research and regulated products. Lead projects involving other corporate sites, outside business relationships, and across multiple technical areas.
2. Collaborate with commercial sponsors and key stakeholders to prioritize projects and address project changes and options. including project priorities and resource needs.
3. Plan, monitor, and control project schedule, budget, and resource mapping throughout the project lifecycle including feasibility, development and finalization phases.
4. Coordinate documentation of detailed customer requirements, business justification, product requirements, engineering specifications and other design input and design output documents to establish the project deliverables.
5. Achieve product quality goals, time-to-market objectives, meeting product cost targets, and track project cost targets.
6. Identify and manage issues; identify, manage, and mitigate risks to reduce negative impact on deliverables, quality, due dates, and cost.
7. Facilitate resolution and drive decisions across project teams, sponsors, functional managers, and upper management.
8. Report project status and performance data as required to sponsors, stakeholders, and management and team members.
9. Build teamwork within the project team but also across departments, corporate sites, and external partners (clients/vendors) that impact the success of projects.
10. Plan and coordinate design transfer activities and provide guidance in manufacturing transfer, aligning Engineering and Operations across corporate sites.
11. Measure project and team member performance throughout the project comparing work performed in comparison to budget, schedule, and quality. Perform corrective action and communicate to stakeholders.
12. Identify and champion improvements to the PBS Design Control Process.
13. Track and report project progress, status, and time in detail.
14. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Provide updates, share best practices and department information at various company meetings.
2. Oversee and provide guidance to projects or parts of larger projects managed by other Project Managers.
1. A BS degree in a scientific/engineering discipline with 2+ year's product development project management experience developing instruments for the Pharma, Medical Device or Biotech markets.
2. Ability to communicate concisely and effectively with a wide range of people type and background.
3. Experience working in an ISO 13485 environment.
4. Demonstrated ability in directly utilizing project management software (e.g. Microsoft Project).
5. Completion of a PMI accredited Project Management Training Program (e.g. UW Madison Master Certificate in Project Management).
6. Demonstrated ability in design transfer.
7. Demonstrated ability to manage a project involving engineering disciplines (electronics, mechanical, optical, systems) and/or biological reagents.
1. PMI Certification in Project Management (PMP).
2. Working knowledge of New Product Development Process.
3. Expertise in using Microsoft Project.
1. Ability to work in an office environment utilizing a computer workstation.
2. Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally.
3. Ability to work in areas of limited space and varying environmental temperatures.
4. Ability to observe and inspect equipment and operations for proper operation and compliance to safety and housekeeping standards.
5. Ability to work in a production environment around automated equipment.
6. Ability to work in a lab environment with chemical and biological materials; ability to wear protection gear (gloves, lab coat, safety glasses, etc).
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.