JOB OBJECTIVE: The Sr. Corporate Consultant will serve as the liaison to our internal and external customers. Provide technical support and information about Promega products and services, thereby building strong customer relationships that will lead to an increase in information exchange, technology acquisition, and economic interaction. Responsible for coordination of all end user-defined activities in their assigned accounts, including assisting distributors. Drive sales of all Promega products by identifying, developing and securing all relevant sales leads and opportunities in the assigned territory in order to meet personal and corporate sales goals. Build strong relationships within assigned accounts through providing information and technical support via phone, email, and other means. Mentor corporate consultants and assist with the overall development of customer facing strategies for the company.
1. Support and develop strong customer relationships by acting as a liaison between the customer and various departments at Promega bringing field issues in house and providing necessary follow-up. Utilize distributor relationships as appropriate.
2. Use Sales Analysis and designated CRM to generate reports, manipulate data and effectively analyze results. Maintain appropriate notes in CRM.
3. Identify and maintain strategic accounts to maximize effectiveness, calling on current customers. Consistently request, receive, and leverage customer referrals from Corporate Advisors. Continue to work with the Client Representatives to assess account ownership and where accounts should be covered by Corporate Consultants or Client Representatives.
4. Provide technical support by thorough knowledge of Promega’s product line and effective communication of applications related to the products.
5. Effectively link unique Promega solutions to meet and exceed requirements of the customers’ business. Apply custom solutions and knowledge about unique (Custom/OEM) solutions Promega can offer customers. Maintain high quality relationship with internal R&D, Marketing and Operations personnel.
6. Consciously working towards matching selling style to customer’s buying style and role. Maintain a high level of situational awareness. Take ownership to ensure customer satisfaction. Build positive relationships at multiple levels within an account; be viewed as approachable and interested by customers; utilize social skills to build a bond with customers.
7. Independently establish strong pricing rationale and strategy. Effectively leverage understanding of customer business, competitive environment, and value proposition to set price. Employ pricing strategies to develop pricing for custom and bulk opportunities.
8. Proactively pursue industry, competitor, and customer knowledge by reviewing industry literature, web sites, web news services, conferences and networking. Anticipate and communicate industry trends.
9. Display confidence and comfort in representing complex technical products. Understand and appropriately apply technical knowledge of Promega’s product line and applications to customer. Work with the Manager, NA Corporate Sales to establish contracts, supply, and license agreements.
10. Drive awareness and success of the Helix program through Helix stocking and sample follow-up. Place new units where appropriate.
11. Flexible in handling change, meeting a standard of excellence, persistent in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Self-awareness of how behaviors can affect our colleagues. Keeping disruptive emotions and impulses in check, sensing other’s feelings and perspectives to advocate and voice opinions and viewpoints appropriately within and outside Promega.
12. Asking questions and respecting opinions to help gain perspective on how to navigate and get things done within the organization sensing others development needs and bolstering their abilities. Having an impact on others working toward a shared goal. Seek feedback on your decisions and decidedly make changes where appropriate.
13. Effectively use internal resources, such as R&D, SBU representatives, and overlay teams (FSS/SCMT/COS). Leverage your internal relationships to help drive sales forward and build deeper relationships with Promega clients.
14. Act as a company advocate to voice opinions and viewpoints appropriately within and outside Promega. Takes a stand for relevant issues and delivers difficult decisions/messages when necessary.
15. Demonstrate team skills by working cooperatively and collaboratively with others including internal and overlay teams. Communicate effectively with the team, and proactively execute local tactics in pursuing joint opportunities. Conduct joint calls when appropriate and work as a team to present consistent information.
16. Well organized and able to prioritize workload and schedule, manage multiple projects, meet aggressive deadlines and work in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing priorities. Able to work independently to complete job functions.
17. Working independently with manager approval to employ pricing and implement strategic and tactical account plans for key accounts in territory. This would include close involvement and strong relationships with high level procurement personnel. Develop and maintaining account plans and contracts.
18. Actively participate in internal and external corporate teams including and not limited to NA Marketing, Sales, R&D, Corporate Sales, and Production.
19. Participate in the development of both regional and national sales strategies.
20. Maintain a working knowledge/understanding of regulatory, industry and licensing issues governing our markets.
21. Provide clients with technical presentations on an ongoing basis.
22. Understand and comply with all ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the position.
1. Travel into assigned territory to meet with and further solidify relationships with key account personnel.
2. Attend trade shows and vendor shows as appropriate to the territory or in support of distribution channels.
3. Attend and actively participate in regional sales meetings and national sales meeting (either in person or via electronic conferencing).
4. Obtain training as appropriate to the position.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. B.S/M.S. in Life Sciences with 2 plus years hands on laboratory experience in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and/or Protein Biochemistry.
2. Minimum 4 years previous experience working with customers in a sales environment and/or marketing or similar position. Proven ability to do account planning/prioritization/management, achieve sales goals and generate/assess sales spreadsheets.
3. Proven experience in an inside sales position; achieving high growth through the use of telephone, email and other electronic means. Ability to identify and communicate with key individuals in the sales cycle via non-visual means.
4. Troubleshoot and provide information back to the customer in a collaborative, courteous, positive and professional manner.
5. Experience with team building skills and ability to work as a team player within a department as well as with other departments.
6. Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional projects.
7. Ability to work independently with moderate supervision and with other team members in a cooperative manner.
8. Proven ability to manage transactional and complex sales cycles, with successful revenue attainment.
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the use of the Internet.
10. Ability to display excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills.
11. Previous experience in oral presentations (teaching, seminars, webinars, etc)
12. Strong commitment to customer service. Excellent communication, strong analytical and conflict resolution ability.
13. Highly driven worker with a strong motivation to succeed.
14. An approachable manner as demonstrated through oral and written communications.
15. Proven experience in actively documenting customer interactions in CRM databases.
1. PhD degree in a life sciences related discipline.
2. Minimum of 3 years lab experience with proven knowledge and understanding of molecular biology, cell biology and related fields.
3. Technical knowledge in three or more scientific and/or market segments in which Promega current serves or in emerging technology arenas.
4. Prior experience in imparting knowledge and gaining sales through webcasting, enewsletters, buyer-focused prospecting, Miller-Heimann and SPIN sales processes and other inside sales tactics/processes.
5. Prior experience in social networking/learning environments including webchatting, enewsletter generation, managing webinar experiences, managing customer forums, etc.
1. Ability to move up to 25 lbs.
2. Ability to use computer and telephone equipment.
3. Ability to travel up to 4 times per year as needed.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.