JOB OBJECTIVE: The Help Desk Specialist will provide initial response to IT Help Desk inquiries received from Promega employees worldwide. Inquiries received and responded to may include but not limited to, providing support for business software applications, hardware and software installations.
1. Receive and respond to initial user inquiries via phone call, email and instant messaging type technologies including walk-up requests for assistance.
2. Create tickets, provide initial troubleshooting and thoroughly document troubleshooting steps.
3. Recognize and escalate more difficult problems to next level support.
4. Create and maintain knowledge base documentation for Promega systems.
5. Provide desk-side support and assistance when needed.
6. Assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
7. Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
8. Understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
1. Attend meetings.
2. Assist with other IT Help Desk related projects as assigned.
1. Able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
2. Able to communicate in a friendly and effective manner with non-technical and technical people.
3. Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to maintain patience, a customer-friendly attitude and work in a team environment.
5. Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
1. 2 years work experience in a similar environment.
1. Ability to work with computer equipment.
2. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, bend and reach.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.