JOB OBJECTIVE: Excellent opportunity for a first-time or more experienced supervisor looking to grow their leadership skills. In this role, you will supervise staff to assure timely production and quality control testing of products within the Amplification area. In addition, the supervisor will provide leadership in Quality System, resource allocation/prioritization, production technology, new product launch activities, process development, and communication. The Amplification team works at various scales from bench top quality control assays to manufacturing of large bulk buffers. Another focus of this role is continuous improvement of existing protocols, processes and assays. Please take some time to visit https://www.promega.com/responsibility to find out what makes Promega such a unique and dynamic place to work.
1. Manufacture and quality test products as needed in the Amplification area.
2. Perform project prioritization and operations planning within area of responsibility. This includes contingency planning for key products.
3. Maintain ongoing analyses of key product issues, projects, and objectives, and provide regular reports to supervisor that include metrics to summarize the status and trends of key operational parameters (backorders, etc.) within area.
4. Review areas of manufacturing process improvement, which may include capital or facilities investment, procedural revisions or staffing changes.
5. Conduct performance, career development, and salary reviews. Review training needs to provide training opportunities for staff to develop personal and job-related skills.
6. Review and approve documentation: e.g. batch record binders, QC protocols, SOPs, deviations, process changes, etc. to ensure accuracy, clarity and appropriate technical and quality system content.
7. Support new product launch activities, either directly or in a supervisory role, for products introduced in related areas.
8. Assist manager in the execution of specified operational projects as assigned.
9. Maintain effective communications and timely follow-up to assure that all area manufacturing objectives are met.
10. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. BS degree in scientific discipline with 6+ years postgraduate lab experience or work experience equivalent; MS or higher degree in scientific discipline with 4+ years postgraduate lab experience or work experience equivalent.
2. Minimum five years experience in industrial manufacturing operations.
3. Minimum three years project management experience, including leadership, in a technical area within a cross-functional team environment.
4. Must be computer literate in Word and Excel.
1. Must be able to perform inspections of equipment and operations for cleanliness and safety.
2. Must have the ability to use computer equipment in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to work at a lab bench or fume hood for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to work with hazardous materials (chemicals, radioactivity, etc.) so as not to endanger self or others.
5. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (goggles, lab coat, protective gloves, etc.).
6. Ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.