JOB OBJECTIVE: This individual will manufacture and quality test components/kits and support new product transfers within the product area.
1. Manufacture a variety of components for the product lines so as to meet product specifications. Follow production schedules to assure on-time delivery of finished product. Perform assays to assure that products meet existing requirements for purity, activity and functionality. When necessary, evaluate raw materials to assure they meet requirements for quality.
2. Design experiments to problem-solve and improve existing manufacturing and QC processes.
3. Understanding of quality requirements that relate to area. Demonstrates good documentation practices and consistently produces quality products and documentation. Follow existing policies for data recording and record keeping.
4. Assist with writing, reviewing and revising manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, appropriate technical content, process improvements, scale-up and/or raw material changes as prescribed by the Promega policies and procedures.
5. May assist on multidisciplinary product improvement and development teams by providing information and technical support to meet team goals. Interact as needed with Marketing, QA and R&D personnel to identify customer requirements for new products and process improvements.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Assist with and follow project plans and experimental design with assistance. Provide data or information to others in work area, and assist in implementation activities for own products.
2. Participate in production group meetings and projects.
1. A.D. or B.S. or M.S. degree in a scientific discipline (e.g., Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Microbiology). Degree and years of experience as reflected in a proven record of accomplishment in the Essential Duties of this position are used to determine qualification for Production Scientist 2.
2. Experience with molecular biology, general microbiology or cell biology techniques.
3. Proven record of experimental design and problem solving in area of responsibility.
4. Proven record of organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to manage several projects and/or products or keep several assays going simultaneously. Ability to effectively work on many priorities at one time, which change frequently.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team.
6. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, ERP systems, etc.
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret and communicate scientific results and to interact productively with scientists in the team.
1. Experience with PCR with a proven ability to follow contamination controls.
2. Experience as a Forensic or DNA Analyst.
3. Experience with nucleic acid purification and quantitation.
4. Experience or familiarity with ISO, TQM, SPC, or cGMP.
5. Experience with use of computers for collection and analysis of experimental data.
6. Experience in manufacturing, R&D, or Quality Assurance. Experience qualifying vendors and suppliers.
7. Experience with laboratory equipment related to amplification and capillary electrophoresis such as an AB9700, AB3130 or AB3500.
1. Ability to work at a laboratory bench or fume hood for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to work with hazardous materials (e.g. chemicals, radioactivity, electrical equipment) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
3. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
5. Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.