This position is located in Europe
JOB OBJECTIVE: The European eBusiness Manager will have European responsibility for overseeing Promega eProcurement (B2B) and eCommerce (B2C) European sales operations. The primary role is to partner with Promega sales organization and customers to provide best-in-class (and scalable) eProcurement (B2B) and eCommerce (B2C) solutions. In addition work with Promega management to maintain & develop Promega’s eProcurement strategy to ensure Promega provides a personalized shopping experience as well as explore and develop new online initiatives and opportunities designed to meet and exceed the needs of the customer and the eBusiness revenue goals.
This is a leadership role that works cross-functionally with European branches, external consultants and customers to drive creation and prioritization of the eCommerce solutions. This position will also develop & maintain relationship with European Commerce platforms (ScienceWarehouse, Ariba, Coupa, GHX, Proactis, etc.) to ensure Promega solutions work with customer’s enterprise procurement environments.
This position is responsible for managing, overseeing and improving the daily European eBusiness processes. It will constantly strive to improve the productivity and efficiency of the Promega eCommerce experience. In addition this position will work cross-functionally with the European sales, logistics, customer service and IT staff to ensure eCommerce-related master data integrity and governance.
1. Increase eCommerce revenue and build strategic customer relationships. Be the key resource to engage with key European customers to provide B2B & B2C solutions to meet customer needs for online shopping, order placement, acknowledgement and settlement processes that enhance Promega’s relationship and provide mutual value.
2. Leverage technology capabilities to drive sales through Promega’s eBusiness channels. Guide European sales teams in implementing eBusiness solutions with key accounts.
3. Ensure Promega eBusiness systems are an accessible source for life science products and information. Create programs to effectively partner with customers to jointly optimize transaction processes and quality of information.
4. Serve as the subject matter expert for Promega’s eBusiness. Continually monitor the changing landscape of eBusiness (B2B & B2C) within the life science industry, including the assessment of the position of key competitors.
5. Be the process advocate for B2B & B2C Promega solutions and implement process changes designed to enable the scaling of the business while collaborating with all facets of the business to assure that recommended changes promote efficiencies and excellence.
6. Participate in the eCommerce team as a European point-of-contact for operational issues that escalate on a daily basis, drive solutions and improve processes to increase efficiencies. Prioritize and manage customer B2B & B2C requests to ensure resources focused on customer developments based on revenue, opportunity and overall impact to Promega and customers business.
7. Maintain & manage relationship with eCommerce platforms to ensure Promega solutions work with customer’s enterprise procurement environments.
8. Jointly with the Helix (on-site stocking system) team define and implement programs that expand the availability and installation of Helix programs in Europe as related to eBusiness account strategies.
9. Provide eCommerce support and training to maximize the value of the eCommerce system within the company and with customers.
10. Understand and comply with all elements of the Promega Quality System outlined for the position.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Proactive self-starter comfortable with multi-tasking and highly independent work environment.
2. Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills in English.
3. Team focus and ability to work closely with a development team.
1. University level degree with 2-5 years of experience in eCommerce, Business to Business (B2B), and Business to Customer (B2C) environments, with demonstrated experience in customer collaborations, negotiations and sales agreements.
2. 2-5 years experience in Marketplace solutions (hosted/punch out catalogs) and in automated electronic order and invoice implementations.
3. Strong understanding of eCommerce document standards (EDI, cXML, XML, etc.) and data mapping in an SAP environment with focus in SD (Quote-to-Cash).
4. Strong understanding of transactional business processes and how these processes are configured, performed and analyzed in systems including ERP, Business Intelligence, CRM, Web and supporting tools.
5. Strong problem solving, interpersonal and communication experience.
6. Strong project management, team building, and personnel management skills.
7. Have a valid driver’s license.
8. Travel up to 50% of the time.
1. Experience in the life sciences industry.
2. Related work experience in Sales, IT or Operations.
3. Second European language.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.