JOB OBJECTIVE: Independently manufactures, quality tests components/kits and supports new product transfers within the product area using broad knowledge of design process and products. Represents the department on NPR’s and multidisciplinary teams as a subject matter expert.
1. Independently manufacture a variety of components for the product lines so as to meet product specifications. Plans production schedules to assure on-time delivery of products. Develop and perform assays to assure that products meet existing requirements for purity, activity and functionality. Responds to customer complaints and makes recommendations for QA hold/product recall and for quality improvements. Must be able to respond to changing needs or priorities of the business.
2. Develops plans, goals, and milestones for projects in areas of responsibility. Implements experimental design, performs analysis of project specific data, and uses scientific and technical resources to recommend solutions and solve problems. Analyzes operational and cost impacts of process/product improvements. Identifies/solicits internal or external people to solve problems, supports accomplishment of project/team goals. Monitors progress of projects and leads team to meet objectives and effectively communicates team/project goals through presentations and reports.
3. Participate in multidisciplinary product improvement and development teams by providing information and technical support to meet team goals. Design experiments to problem-solve and improve existing manufacturing and QC processes. When necessary, seeks assistance to meet production-planning needs, coordinates production planning in multiple product areas.
4. Write, review and revise, as necessary, manufacturing and QC protocols for clarity, appropriate technical content, process improvements, scale-up and/or raw material changes as prescribed by procedures and policies.
5. Demonstrated understanding of quality requirements that relate to both business needs and regulatory standards. Demonstrates strong documentation practices and consistently produces high quality products and documentation. May review binders, quality system documentation forms, etc.
6. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Represent functional production area in interdepartmental meetings.
1. BS degree, or equivalent, in scientific discipline with 8-12+ years postgraduate lab experience; MS or higher degree in scientific discipline or equivalent with 6-8+ years post-graduate lab experience.
2. Experience with molecular biology, general microbiology or cell biology techniques.
3. Proven record of experimental design and problem solving in area of responsibility.
4. Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to manage several projects and/or products or keep several assays going simultaneously. Ability to effectively work on many priorities at one time, which change frequently.
5. Proven ability to work as part of a team and independently resolve interpersonal conflicts. Team/project leadership experience.
6. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, ERP systems, etc.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret and communicate scientific results and to interact productively with scientists in the team.
1. Experience using molecular, cell, or biochemical assays and reagents as required for the specific position. This may include the following: in vitro translation extracts, protein and/or nucleic acid purification and quantitation, etc.
2. Experience with high-throughput (clinical assays) assays.
3. Experience with protein and/or nucleic acid purification and quantitation.
4. Experience or familiarity with ISO9000, TQM, SPC, and/or cGMP.
5. Experience with radioisotope (including 3H, 14C, 35S, and 32P) assays, handling, and record keeping, or a willingness to learn proper radioisotope handling and record keeping.
1. Ability to work at a laboratory bench or fume hood for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to work with hazardous materials (e.g. chemicals, radioactivity, electrical equipment) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
3. Ability to use computers in an interactive manner for extended periods of time.
4. Ability to use standard laboratory protective equipment (e.g. goggles, lab coat, protective gloves).
5. Ability to lift 50 lb. occasionally.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.