JOB OBJECTIVE: Deliver accelerated revenue growth by targeting senior level executives and developing collaborations in the drug discovery, academic, government, and emerging markets and geographies. Coordinate the process of targeting key accounts, mapping strategic needs/technology opportunities, developing business models and proposal frameworks, negotiating contracts, and leading the resolution of problems encountered in doing so. Report critical field based intelligence back to the business team, including changes in market dynamics, customer organization and behavior, consumption dynamics and biology/technology trends.
Consultative commercial role responsible for driving sales of Promega Genomics products and workflow solutions into the Life Science markets. Integral member of the Life Sciences team applying strong technical sales track record to both new customer acquisition and retention/growth of existing genomics customer base. Develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell complex and targeted Genomic solutions within this competitive marketplace. Work with Genomics Marketing and the Strategic Collaborations Management Team and to target and engage key genomics accounts, identify workflow needs/technology opportunities, present Promega solutions/portfolio, secure new revenue streams, and lead the resolution of problems encountered in doing so. Report critical field based intelligence back to the business team, including changes in market dynamics, customer organization and behavior, consumption dynamics and biology/technology trends.
1. Develop and implement, with the Strategic Business Units, Branches and global Sales organization, programmatic relationships and agreements with a select number of strategic accounts globally. The collaborations will be managed at high-levels and will apply a mix of catalog and custom solutions.
2. Develop and maintain centralized account tracking templates and provide monthly updates to the Life Science SBU Leadership on key initiatives, revenue commitments, revenue phasing, progress to plan, resource requirements (field based deployment, Madison site visits and project execution) and voice of customer.
3. Demonstrated success selling Genomics products/solutions into large pharma/biotech, academic institutions including core facilities, and CROs. Minimum of five years field sales experience or related sales-centric experience a must. Experience in both the reagent/consumable and technology platform sales preferred. Experience with on-site stocking programs desired.
4. Demonstrated strong relationships with decision makers at key genomics accounts and a network of KOL’s at leading genomics institutions.
5. Lead feasibility assessments, define pricing objectives in line with business segment profitability goals, guide the development of work plans and agreements, and coordinate review meetings with clients for collaborations-in-process.
6. Develop a field-based plan for penetration into a multiple new markets and/or geographies.
7. Effectively interface with multiple internal functions including Strategic Business Units, Branches, Global Sales, Business Management, R&D, Operations, Finance and the Services Management team.
8. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Cell Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline, or equivalent education and experience.
2. Minimum 10 years experience in executive selling, business development, market development, product development or field technical support, with 3 years in a leadership position.
3. Strong scientific and technical knowledge of genomics products, technologies and platforms.
4. Advanced, in-depth knowledge of Biotech business, Pharma business, Academic and Government Research Centers, competitors, industry practices and functional knowledge of strategic business planning.
5. Proven ability to respond to new business opportunities, often lacking shape, respond with systematic, analytically derived solutions, and effectively lead teams in the setting and achieving of project plans that result in high levels of customer satisfaction.
6. Solid relationships with decision makers in senior positions across the global Pharma and Biotech market segments including CROs and the Academic and Government segments.
7. Excellent communication and cross-cultural skills. Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills. Relentless prioritization and ‘can do’ attitude.
1. MBA preferred.
1. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
2. Ability to travel domestically and internationally minimum of 60%.
3. Ability to use telephone equipment.
4. Ability to use computer equipment.
5. Ability to drive.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.