JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for participating in the planning, development, maintenance, and enhancement of SAP applications and the Forecast to Stock (PP, QM, EHS) functional area of an SAP package.
1. Provide business analysis and process redesign expertise in one or more functional areas (finance, accounting, manufacturing, sales and distribution, etc.) within the enterprise specifically in the analysis, and redesign, of SAP functions and processes.
2. Configure SAP functionality to satisfy business requirements and business process design.
3. Prepare functional and tecnical specifications for reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, forms and workflows.
4. Formulate and define application scope and objectives and devise/modify procedures to solve business problems.
5. Develop familiarity with production operations, as well as established priorities and sequences for processes.
6. Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other IT areas to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
7. Lead small sub-projects or regularly coach other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in away that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and best practices.
8. Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
9. Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
10. Communicate SAP capabilities/possibilities within functional modules.
11. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Work with other business/IT teams to write and maintain technical and end-user documentation and provide training on SAP functionality and related applications.
2. Provide off-hours (24x7) support for software systems.
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Proven ability in working in a team environment, anticipating and meeting team needs, working with little direction, and gaining cooperation from others.
2. Minimum of 7 years experience with expert knowledge configuring, implementing and supporting SAP in an ECC 6.0 environment.
3. Broad understanding of SAP both from a technical and functional perspective.
4. Strong understanding of all aspects of the SAP implementation lifecycle and a solid grasp of the ASAP Methodology.
5. Ability to analyze, recommend, communicate and document functional process flows, create functional designs and work with the technical team to develop solid solutions.
6. Well-developed system problem solving skills having solved complex business problems within or across all functional areas in SAP.
7. Minimum of 5 years experience developing, supporting and building SAP simple and complex reports using SAP Query, Infoset or Quickviewer.
8. Create and deliver user documentation as necessary to ensure proper use of the application and/or related process.
9. Experience leading at least one previous SAP conversion/upgrade or implementation.
10. Ability to implement and support SAP rollouts at other branch locations.
11. Proven experience working with internal customers that have not used previously used SAP.
12. Ability to act as an internal consultant with a strong inner drive towards process improvement and solving complex business challenges in a world-wide environment.
13. Strong core skills - communication, organization and planning, customer facing and interpersonal.
14. Technology aggressive individual who seeks to continue improvement of their skills and are interested in sharing their expertise with others.
15. Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with frequent changes in priorities and assignments.
16. Experience configuring the following modules: PP, QM.
1. BS/BA Degree.
2. Possess ability to earn appropriate and relevant industry certifications for the positions held.
3. Experience with the SAP EHS module.
1. Ability to work with telephone and computer equipment.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.