JOB OBJECTIVE: The Global Clinical Collaborations Manager position shall deliver accelerated revenue growth by targeting senior level officers, directors and managers to develop and foster collaborations and projects within the clinical and molecular diagnostic market across the Promega product portfolio through the use of advanced techniques and sales ability. Coordinate the process of targeting key clinical accounts, mapping strategic needs and technology opportunities, develop proposal frameworks and negotiate long term contracts and supply agreements. This is a field position and will be covering the Northeast & Canada Territory.
Use teamwork and leadership skills to drive higher level relationships with long-term revenue growth and customer satisfaction within the clinical diagnostic and molecular diagnostic market space. Report critical field based intelligence back to multiple business unit teams, product and commercialization managers, R&D, and Global Field Support and Service/applications groups to include changes in clinical market dynamics, customer organization and behavior, consumption dynamics and clinical molecular technology trends.
Maintain strong relationships at high levels within Promega R&D, commercialization/product manager teams, and Marketing groups in order to create additional consultative value for the clinical client base. Mentor client and corporate representatives and assist with the overall development of clinical diagnostic and clinical molecular customer facing strategies for the company.
1. Lead feasibility assessments, define pricing objectives in line with business segment profitability goals, guide the development of work plans and agreements as necessary, and coordinate review meetings with clients for collaborations-in-process.
2. Effectively interface with multiple internal functions including Strategic Business Units, Branches, Global Sales, Business Management, R&D, Operations, Global Field Service and Support Team, Technical Services, Scientific Applications and Global Custom and OEM Solutions Team.
3. Coordinate Promega R&D scientist time with Key Opinion Leaders in the field to ensure product development is in line with industry trends. Work with KOLs to develop posters, presentations and workshops to be delivered at key scientific meetings.
4. Prepare and deliver key presentations to individuals, small or large groups. Mentoring others on the presentations to key customers
5. Use CRM and Sales Analysis to generate reports, manipulate data and effectively analyze results. Maintain appropriate notes in the designated CRM.
6. Work closely with the Global Field Service and Support teams to enhance the client’s customer service experience. Actively informing internal teams of gaps and making recommendations for future improvements.
7. Provide technical support and service by thorough knowledge of the Promega product line. Effective communication of applications related to the products.
8. Integrate successfully into a team selling environment by partnering sales efforts with Regional Manager and other Promega colleagues. Demonstrate team skills by working cooperatively and collaboratively with others; support and assists others on the team who need help.
9. Assure success of collaborative efforts between Client Representatives, Corporate Representatives, and Clinical Sales Team. Continue develop tactics to maintain team efforts and adjust strategy.
10. Work effectively with legal teams as necessary to enact Supply Agreements, Master Service Agreements, CDA, MTA’s. Promote new products in development and identify early adopters and alpha and beta testers within the clinical market segments and space.
11. Represent Promega at clinical conferences, shows, workshops and seminars locally, regionally, nationally or globally as necessary. Personally present customer seminars, regional conferences presentations and regional sales meetings.
12. Flexible in handling change, meeting a standard of excellence, persistent in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Mindfulness of how behaviors can affect our colleagues. Keeping disruptive emotions and impulses in check, sensing other’s feelings and perspectives to advocate and voice opinions and viewpoints appropriately within and outside Promega. Asking questions and respecting opinions, to help gain perspective on how to navigate and get things done within the organization and sensing other development needs and bolstering their abilities. Having an impact on others working toward a shared goal. Seek feedback on your decisions and decidedly make changes where appropriate.
13. Maintain a working knowledge/ understanding of regulatory, industry and licensing issues governing our markets.
14. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Take an active lead in developing and presenting content at the regional, national/global sales or conference meetings.
2. Actively participate in internal and external corporate teams including and not limited to Marketing, Sales, R&D, Corporate Sales, and Manufacturing and Production, operations, and various commercialization teams.
3. Co-travel with colleagues when necessary to coach and share best practices, and trends within the clinical market segment.
1. Bachelors of Science or Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline, or equivalent education and experience.
2. Minimum 10 years experience in executive selling, clinical business development, clinical market development, product development or field technical support, with 3 years in a leadership position.
3. Strong scientific and technical knowledge relevant to mainstream clinical assay technologies and platforms.
4. Advanced, in-depth knowledge of clinical diagnostic and molecular diagnostic business, competitor technologies, standard clinical industry practices, and functional knowledge of strategic business planning.
5. Solid relationships with decision makers in senior positions within clinical references labs, hospital laboratories, diagnostic, transplant immunology, pathology, cancer centers, and CROs.
6. Excellent communication and cross-cultural skills.
7. Strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills. Relentless prioritization and ‘can do’ attitude.
8. Demonstrated clear and effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
9. Highly driven, independent worker with a strong motivation to succeed.
10. Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
11. Maximizes efforts to focus on priorities; systems in place for efficiently managing administrative details.
12. Excellent organizational skills
1. Perform other duties as required.
2. Technical knowledge in three or more scientific and/or clinical market segments in which Promega current serves or in emerging technology arenas.
3. Master of Business Administration.
1. Ability to travel internationally 5-10% and domestically minimum of 45-55%.
2. Ability to use telephone and computer equipment.
3. Move up to 60 lbs.
4. Ability to drive a vehicle
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.