JOB OBJECTIVE: As a part of Promega’s global logistics organization provide operational support of global trade compliance and logistics.
1. Assist Logistics and Trade Compliance team in developing and administering an effective trade compliance program to ensure company compliance with regulatory and internal policy requirements.
2. Provide daily operational execution for Trade Compliance including data entry, customer communication and record keeping. Liaison between order entry and freight forwarders and brokers. Interface with internal/external customers globally, international branches, vendors, brokers to ensure compliance with applicable export/import regulations.
3. Assist with periodic reviews of the internal policies and procedures related to Trade Compliance and keeping them up-to-date; advise on changes as needed.
4. Assist with export and import reviews to include tariff classifications and export control classifications.
5. Support internal compliance training programs.
6. Conduct periodic export and import self-assessments and audits, and implements any necessary corrective actions.
7. Assist with developing and maintaining of compliance metrics and KPIs.
8. Maintain tariff justification database.
9. Provide support on other business processes and initiatives impacting global supply chain. This may include:
• Management of freight forwarders and brokers;
• Planning export and import routings and the appropriate shipping method around regulatory requirements imposed by the country of destination or the airline constraints;
• Developing logistics solutions to meet the requirements for new markets and new products; trouble-shooting in-transit issues;
• Other projects as needed
10. Understands and complies with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. A minimum of 2-4 years’ of experience in a Trade Compliance, International Logistics or export /import coordination role.
3. Practical experience with product classifications for export and import; formal training in tariff and export control classifications is highly desired.
4. Experience with implementing and/or supporting trade compliance programs.
5. Highly organized with quantitative and analytical attention to detail.
6. Ability to work in multi-cultural environment and affect positive change.
7. Demonstrated project management skills.
8. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
9. High degree of self-motivation.
10. Ability to work independently and take initiative to address issues and able to handle multiple activities simultaneously.
11. Ability to work effectively within a team structure, including sharing of knowledge and communication of ideas.
12. Ability to cope with rapid change and growth in the workplace.
13. Proficient computer skills.
1. Working knowledge of the EAR and Customs regulations.
2. Knowledge of International Incoterms.
3. Experience with SAP.
4. Life science products experience.
1. Able to work extended hours as required.
2. Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.