JOB OBJECTIVE: Execute the activities of Environmental, Health, and Safety to ensure compliance with corporate objectives and applicable local, state and federal safety regulations. Develop, plan and implement environmental, health and safety programs across all facets of the business.
1. Serve as subject matter expert and provide technical support for stakeholder requests related to Environmental, Health, and Safety.
2. Interface and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and customers in the development and implementation of new policies and compliance activities.
3. Implement and manage a comprehensive Environmental, Health, and Safety Management program modeled on the relevant ISO standards.
4. Develop and execute Environmental, Health and Safety programs and policies using a collaborative methodology to ensure a safe and healthful work environment.
5. Author and manage content of quality system standard operating procedures applicable to corporate Environmental Health and Safety.
6. Participate in risk management, property loss insurance, and fire department inspections. Review inspection reports and work with internal and external resources to correct deficiencies in a practical, cost effective and timely manner.
7. Participate in and support committees for emergency awareness and response.
8. Engage outside vendors where necessary to assist with training, implementation, consultation for safety objectives outside the expertise of in-house Environmental, Health, and Safety resources.
9. Monitor and document performance of Environmental, Health and Safety programs to assure compliance to all requirements. Provide quarterly reporting of performance metrics to management.
10. Monitor, document and report incidents to local, state and federal agencies (i.e. Municipal Sewer, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, DNR, EPA, OSHA, etc.) as required by law.
11. Manage registration of facilities and equipment (i.e. fuel tanks, radiation devices, etc.) with local, state and federal agencies as required by law.
12. Manage and execute procedures for hot work permits and fire protection system red tags/impairment notifications.
13. Provide support for stakeholders with personal protective equipment (PPE) evaluations, ergonomics, and other job related health and safety objectives.
14. Engage stakeholders in Environmental, Health and Safety training. Work with QA training staff to properly document training activities for stakeholders.
15. Maintain lines of communication with local, state and federal agencies to ensure Promega’s Environmental, Health and Safety Management System is abiding by current regulatory environmental, health and safety regulations.
16. Understand and comply with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Execute tasks/projects or special assignments as required.
1. BS/MS degree in Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene with minimum of 8 years of Environmental, Health and Safety experience or BS/MS degree in Biological Science, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Chemistry with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Environmental Health and Safety Experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an Environmental, Health and Safety Management System that simultaneously meets business and regulatory requirements.
3. Ability to partner with all stakeholders to develop and implement workable business solutions to meet Environmental, Health and Safety corporate objectives.
4. Ability to communicate effectively (oral, written, formal and informal) with stakeholders at all levels within and outside the organization.
5. A Certified Safety Professional or Certified Industrial Hygienist Designation.
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
1. Ability to move up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
2. Ability to wear safety equipment (i.e., respirator, safety glasses, lab coat, etc.).
3. Ability to use computer equipment.
4. Ability to drive.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.